Serves both internal and external customers analyzing Employee data to perform actuarial valuations of corporate retirement, pension and profit sharing plans. Calculate participant benefits, plan costs, test for non- discrimination requirements for tests such as: 410(b), 415, Top Heavy etc.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Understand and apply Plan Document provisions.
- Calculate maximum deductible contributions for all DC plans,including new comp.
- Prepare 401(k) non-discrimination testing and other tests such as 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4), 414(s) and Top Heavy etc.
- Perform annual valuations including calculation of eligibility, calculation and allocation of contributions, forfeitures, and earnings.
- Prepare cost estimates, projections and other special studies.
- Calculate benefits and minimum distribution for plan participants.
- Review submitted data and prepare request for additional information.
- Practice within the current administrative procedures and help redefine them in order to secure a “best practice” system.
- Must process work in accordance with Company standards including the use of proprietary CRM.
- Upon discovery of potential liability issue(s), immediately notify Director of Operations.
- Perform special projects requested by Director of Operations.
- May be involved in training procedures for other employees.
- Keep abreast of developments and changes in laws and regulations by research and reviews of professional reports and publications.
- Position requires substantial knowledge of government laws and regulation dealing with qualified retirement plans..
- Analytical abilities and mathematical aptitude.
- Formal knowledge including courses in the pension field are helpful.
- Educational background should include a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree with an emphasis in mathematics, accounting or actuarial science.
- Formal courses in pension field are helpful and encouraged.
ASPPA QKA preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location Franklin, TN
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 11, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page