Research Square is the leader in ethical author-oriented solutions in the world of academic publishing, and we help researchers succeed through our world-class technology-enabled services. We are home to American Journal Experts (AJE), which provides solutions that help researchers communicate their work so they can get back to making discoveries. AJE is proud to have supported over half a million manuscripts from researchers in 186 countries since our founding in 2004. The AJE team currently has a challenging opportunity for a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Academic Translation Advisor (ATA) on a salaried full-time basis.
Our Academic Translation Advisors (ATAs) have a strong background in an academic research setting and demonstrated mastery of multiple languages. ATAs bring their experiences in academia and in the lab to bear in ensuring accurate, high-quality translations of academic manuscripts, directly connecting to our mission of helping researchers succeed. The ATA position is a challenging one as it entails delivering consistently high-quality translations in a variety of subject areas; it requires a combination of strong translation and time management skills, as well as expertise in academic writing.
Many ATAs are remote employees who participate in regular team meetings through videoconferencing and enjoy strong bonds with their remote and local colleagues. Because the work is results oriented and both synchronous and asynchronous communication with managers and other ATAs is common, communication skills and tech savvy are a must, as is a strong focus on supporting the success of the team..
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and English, preferably including technical/research experience in all three languages
- PhD or Masters degree, with a background in Human Biology or Clinical Medicine
- Demonstrated ability to accurately translate academic works
- Strong time management skills
Additional criteria for success in the ATA role include the following:
- Ability to thrive in both collaborative and autonomous environments
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in response to change
- We are looking to fill this position immediately. As a result, we will only be able to consider candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US for any employer at this time.
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing company based in Durham, NC, and our 270+ full-time employees are committed to making a difference in the world of research discovery, communication, and publication. We take our work to improve the lives of researchers very seriously, and we also believe in having fun doing so! Our work environment is casual and extremely flexible. We have a results-focused workplace; many enjoy coming in to our “open office” environment, and those who choose to work from home attend any required meetings via chat rooms and videoconferencing. The Research Square work environment is stimulating and dynamic, and the ATAs are a hardworking and fun team to be a part of.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position!
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level Master's Degree, Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date February 1, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page