At Help Scout, we build tools that enable more than 8,000 businesses in 140 countries to communicate with customers in the most human, helpful way. Our success to date has been the result of three things: crafting an excellent product, building a brand that aligns with the values of customer-centric companies, and advocating for customer service professionals.
As our first Account Manager, you’ll play a critical role in establishing new relationships and continuing existing dialog with our larger customers to ensure we’re delivering on our mission to help them provide excellent customer service. You’ll also have the opportunity to craft how we approach 1:1 Account Management in an authentic, proactive and customer-centric way.
- You’ll work to build 1:1 relationships with our larger customers, most of whom we do not have ongoing established relationships with. Your job is to be a trusted advisor, working alongside them to ensure they’re successfully achieving their goals with Help Scout.
- You’ll become a product expert by training with our support and sales team on a regular basis, so that you can guide customers through advanced implementations and use cases of the product in their organization.
- You’ll proactively identify, grow and forecast upgrade/expansion/retention of your customer base to the finance team so that we can forecast accurately.
- You’ll be responsible for establishing a meeting cadence with these accounts where you’ll document key contact roles, use cases, payment preferences, strategic goals, expected outcomes and overall health of the account.
- You’ll proactively monitor, manage and negotiate annual renewals to ensure customers continue to get the most out of their annual plan.
- You’ll work with customers to optimize their existing setup, understand current challenges, assist with facilitating change, and drive new feature adoption.
- When recommending an upgrade, you’ll educate the customer on benefits, and guide them all the way through successful implementation, making sure they’re setup for success.
- You’ll be responsible for reporting on learnings and valuable feedback to the rest of the team so that we can improve the product, prioritize the right features, and improve our 1:many customer success efforts.
- You’ll play a key role in influencing or in some cases creating 1:many trainings and calls designed to help your smaller customers succeed, without always requiring a 1:1 call.
Who you’ll work with
- Tim Thyne, Head of Sales — You’ll be reporting to Tim, and will work closely with him on the strategy of this program. He’s worked with a lot of our larger customers in the past and will have a wealth of context to share as you get up and running.
- Abigail Phillips, Head of Customers Team — Abigail has lead our company successfully scale our amazing support team; Abigail and her team continue to provide human, helpful responses while being Help Scout product experts.
- Eli Overbey, Head of Growth — Eli has played a key role in building the systems and processes that helps our sales, marketing and support teams stay aligned and prioritize outreach. You’ll work closely with him to identify behavioral triggers that signal upgrade, expansion or churn opportunities that you can then take proactive action against.
- You’ve worked as a customer success or account manager in a SaaS environment before.
- You love helping people win! It genuinely energizes you to work with customers to improve their business, even if it means our product isn’t the right answer.
- You are comfortable switching gears between in-the-weeds product questions to pricing negotiations and feel comfortable happy wearing several hats when it comes to sales, support, and account manager. You’ll be the point person on any one of them, mobilizing your team mates for support.
- You have a history of digging into challenges and opportunities first-hand to understand what’s going on, and then get jazzed about documenting what you’ve learned so(elements of it) can be automated and scaled.
- You can easily lose track of time geeking out reviewing data, working in Marketing Automation(HubSpot) and Sales Automation(Salesforce) tools. Mastering this stuff can be challenging, but you love it.
- You have experience building relationships and tracking key activities in Salesforce.
- You are an excellent communicator who can write and speak with empathy. Clear, simple and friendly communication is super important when representing our brand and working in a remote culture like ours.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 10, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page