Associate Editor – Remote, Part-time
Who we are:
This is your opportunity to join the world’s fastest-growing, comparison platform. Our goal is to share useful knowledge that helps the world make better decisions.
Due to an internal promotion, we seek an Associate Editor to take on the challenge of localizing content from our global sites to suit the US market. This is a remote, part-time, contract position, giving you exceptional flexibility and work–life balance. We require at least 20 hours per week to start, with the potential for the right candidate to become a full-time employee.
As an Associate Editor, your primary responsibility is to clone, edit, improve and localize pages from international writers for a US audience. You will have the opportunity to learn from the incumbent, receive high-quality training and become part of a dynamic, collaborative team.
Help us build a brighter Finder
Global success requires a like-minded community of people working together.
Our team of energetic, savvy and passionate Finders are all committed to guiding our audience through complex decisions. Every day, we help people save money, get better rewards and learn something new.
Finder is equally committed to helping our team grow, thrive and remain inspired to learn.
- Migrate and localize content. Analyze live content on worldwide sites to determine feasibility of migrating for a US audience. Edit migrated content for American English and US style, voice and tone.
- Collaborate with teams. Work with teams to strengthen content and quality according to an overall content strategy. Strengthen user intent, rewriting sections if necessary.
- Fact-check data and our products. Ensure that data and elements associated with our products are correct and reflect the US market. Work with team members to execute product updates and ensure compliance.
- Improve content quality. Cross-check facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, page design and media usage. Modify and improve content that doesn’t meet Finder’s editorial quality standards.
- Advanced on-page SEO. Optimize content to help readers find our pages in search results.
Who you are:
You are an editorial professional with digital experience, including WordPress skills. You’re a self-motivated team player who’s fueled by a desire to learn and be the best at what you do. You’re passionate about editing and optimizing content for the web, driven by process and comfortable working against a deadline. If this describes you, we’d like to hear more about you.
Experience required of preferred candidates:
- Editorial process and workflow
- Work guiding writers to schedule and publish high-quality content that drives revenue
- WordPress and basic HTML
- SEO, CRO and monetization
- Product and market research
- Compliance and product data
- Global content management
- Using data to gather insights and assumptions
We offer a generous package of benefits and opportunities to master your craft:
- Passionate startup culture
- Health and retirement benefits
- Flexible outcomes-driven workplace
- Full tech package for in-house and distributed crew
- Free daily lunch and snacks in our vibrant offices
- Access to training, development and an extensive resource library
- Global hack days and annual summit
- Employee assistance program
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your job application!
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level junior
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To Be Arranged
- Closing Date December 15, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page