Cloud Implementation Specialist
Remote in the US
IBM Global Technology Services enables the backbone of the world economy by Designing, Building, and Run-Maintaining the critical Infrastructures and Systems across its Client’s Enterprise IT environments. Together with IBM Cloud, IBM Security, IBM Storage, IBM Resiliency, IBM Watson etc., GTS delivers outcomes that are essential for our Clients’ Businesses.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Implementation Specialist is an exemplary subject matter expert to design and build leading-edge solutions for IBM’s clients.
This role is crucial to implementing cutting edge Hybrid Cloud Capabilities and Solutions for clients worldwide specially using Red Hat technologies.
The role would involve working with highly skilled cloud architects in taking up challenging internal IBM projects in order to develop and execute complex solutions for IBM clients worldwide.
The success of this role would be benchmarked globally with industry peers. Excellent practice and knowledge on Cloud based automation software/Script development and tools, consummate thought leadership, constant innovation and contribution to development of industry standards would be some of the key result areas in addition to meeting business metrics for the respective areas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have at least 1-year experience in one or more of Red Hat Cloud technologies (OpenStack, Openshift, Cloud Forms, Ansible, etc.) and hands-on experience in implementing cloud solutions using these technologies. Exposure and good understanding in core tenants to be considered when designing, developing & deploying to a Cloud. Confident enough to leverage Cloud Platforms.
- Bachelors degree (or above) in Computer Science or related fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- More than 2 years of experience in one or more of Red Hat Cloud technologies (OpenStack, Openshift, Cloud Forms, Ansible, etc.) and hands-on experience in implementing cloud solutions using these technologies. Exposure and good understanding in core tenants to be considered when designing, developing & deploying to a Cloud. Confident enough to leverage Cloud Platforms.
- Knowledge of other Cloud Providers e.g. IBM, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMware will be preferred.
- Good understanding on Software Defined Environments and Pattern Based deployments (specially Ansible).
- Strong skills on one or more of the above technologies with an ability to quickly build and demonstrate Proof of Concepts and Proof of Technologies and contribute to Technology Innovation and Automation projects
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How To Apply:
Click on “Apply” button down below to process your job application!
- Specific Job Location Preferred location would be Austin, TX but open to remote work anywhere in the US
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2-years
- Education Level Master's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date November 13, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page