Job type: Full-time
Category: Customer Support
Mattermost, one of Y Combinator’s top 100 companies
, provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost
and come talk to us!
About the company
We believe teams should be able to do their best work without compromising on privacy and security. With data breaches in SaaS services happening more often than ever, our private cloud solutions let organizations keep their data under their control.
Collaboratively developed by over 1,000 contributors, our flagship product is an open source messaging platform used in enterprises all over the world. With customers such as Uber, Intel, and Samsung, the work you do here will impact thousands of organizations every day.
About the Role
We are looking for a Community Manager to join us in growing a thriving community of users and contributors as the “tribe of Mattermost”.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about working with communities, is able to focus on high impact projects with multiple competing priorities, and has a demonstrated history of building open source communities.
We’re looking for someone who wants to help us build the future of Mattermost and improve the way the world communicates. The right person in this role has the opportunity to have a huge impact on Mattermost the product, and its many users worldwide, but also on our open source community that has been key to Mattermost’s success. If this sounds like you – please apply!
- Grow contributions by creating a clear, compelling and enjoyable contributor journey.
- Prioritize work that drives improvements on key community KPIs.
- Empower community to create an ecosystem of high-quality, open-source, community-built integrations and plugins in the marketplace.
- Participate in other communities and platforms to help foster collaboration and relationships across communities and organizations.
- Build relationships and alliances within the industry and community, virtually and in-person, to increase reach of the Mattermost brand.
- Represent Mattermost as a spokesperson at conferences and events, and within external communities.
- Run powerful social media, events, and other outward facing efforts that will grow our customer, community, and user base.
- 5+ years of experience participating in and building communities.
- Technical background with ability to set up integrations and offer tips and best practices across the community.
- Facilitation of complex and sensitive community management situations with empathy, authenticity and good judgment.
- Independent, with ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Experience leading community management programs in open source or otherwise technical in nature.
- Existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
- Software development capabilities and experience.
- Public speaking, blogging, and content development.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply’ button to process your Job application!
To Be Discussed
To Be Arranged
December 24, 2019
Job Application Via
Custom Application Page