Community Manager and Social Media Strategist
(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World)
Do you have a creative mind as well as a deep understanding of online communities and social media? ModSquad is seeking an experienced Community Manager and Social Media Strategist to join our team.
As a ModSquad Community and Social Media Manager and strategist, you will work closely with a variety of large and small clients and a global ModSquad team. You will be imperative in building, maintaining, improving, and empowering our clients and their digital communities. Additionally, you will be an imperative part of the growing ModSquad digital team, developing social media efforts to grow and support our company. This is a full-time position.
The day-to-day tasks of a ModSquad community manager and strategist vary, but basic responsibilities include:
- Brainstorm activities, opportunities, and content to inspire or grow community (long term and campaign based).
- Design and execute the weekly and quarterly content calendars and strategy plans
- Create and report KPI’s to development team, and build reports that showcase reason, trends, and opportunity.
- Manage and respond to customers through forum, website, and social media tools (native and 3rd party).
- Learn and explore new tools and platforms that improve workflow and client objectives.
- Work closely, efficiently, and effectively with the client and internal teams (communication is daily).
- Develop practices and improvements, or build upon and help improve current methods of operation (from social media management and community management and improving social ROI, to engagement and content moderation and digital experience).
- Handle occasional community crisis or troubleshoot escalations.
- Be a proactive, self-starter and independent contributor with follow-through on all initiatives.
- Have strong problem-solving, creative writing, and editorial skills.
- Showcase strong communication skills (and feel comfortable with communicating the good and the bad).
- Enjoy engaging and developing a broad range of people, communities, clients, and trends.
- Be able to execute on community initiatives, measure results, and modify programs based on feedback.
- Retain and demonstrate excellent organization and time-management skills and schedule to hit deliverable deadlines.
- Must have experience managing communities on behalf of professional entities/companies (either as a junior community manager or lead community manager)
- Have active and professional experience with forums, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram (other platforms like SnapChat, Twitch.tv, Youtube, etc a bonus)
- Be a creative copywriter who understands the balance between professionalism and meta, fun community initiatives.
Desired skills and pluses:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 4 years in Social or Community management experience.
- The position requires excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of disciplines, articulate key points, and present.
Please ensure your resume showcases your professional social media or community management experience. If you have relevant and noteworthy blogs or articles you’ve written, or branded social pages, we highly recommend you consider sharing (we’ll be looking for great real-world examples of your abilities and talents that align with this position).
ModSquad is a global provider of managed digital engagement services. Our 10,000+ Mods chat with customers, moderate web content, manage communities, and buzz in social media for many of the world’s coolest brands, including the NFL, Sony, Zendesk, and Topps, to name a few. We bring companies closer to their customers than ever before. From global enterprises to international agencies to hip new startups, our clients have reaped the benefits of putting ModSquad’s expertise to work. With experienced Mods available in 50+ languages in 50+ countries, we’re your squad for the digital world.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years, 10+ Years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date April 13, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page