Content Manager, Special Projects /Concept, assign, review, and edit 10+ articles per month
(Work Remotely in the U.S)
Content Manager, Special Projects , Editing Jobs, Project Management, Remote Jobs, Telecommute, Freelance, Part time
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 125 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it’s like to work at Healthline Media.
We’re looking for an experienced content manager to join our Content Marketing team. This individual will be play an important role in managing the day-to-day editorial workflow for one of our top content partners.
The role requires exceptional editing and project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience working with condition-specific health and wellness content.
The Content Manager will oversee the creation of all content including: concepting story and series ideas based on expert insights and social listening; managing a small body of condition bloggers; creating 10+ original pieces of content each month; shepherding content through the editorial process; collaborating with internal and external stakeholders; recruiting new writers as needed.
This is a remote, part-time freelance role that reports to the Editorial Director, Content Marketing.
- Concept, assign, review, and edit 10+ articles per month
- Oversee a small body of freelance content contributors
- Base content creation on data, proven trends, social listening, internal insights, writer pitches, and industry expertise
- Research condition-specific health sites and blogs for potential content leads
- Oversee content workflow from concept to approval stage
- Collaborate with our content marketing team to assist at various points in the editorial workflow
- Work closely with our SEM team to distribute content via social channels
- Write short, engaging ad copy
- Find and onboard patient contributors (writers) as needed
- Meticulously track and document content workflow
- Manage an ongoing relationship with our content partner(s)
- Join weekly status calls with the client and Editorial Director
- 5+ years in an editorial, content-creation role
- Experience creating consumer-focused health and medical content
- Pharma experience and an understanding of medical, legal, and regulatory policies and compliance
- A collaborative mindset
- A proven track record of writing and editing high-quality content that performs well
- A commitment to authentic and honest storytelling
- The ability to work independently, problem-solve, and take initiative
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team, collaborating with multiple departments
- Impeccable editing skills and a geek-level obsession with grammar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to research and understand unfamiliar topics
- Stellar organizational, project, and time management skills
- Experience in client-facing roles and well-honed diplomatic communication skills
Reasons Why You Should Apply
- You have an avid interest in storytelling, especially in the health and wellness space
- You have passion for social media and creating content that works cross-platform
- You want to make the world a stronger, healthier place
Why You’ll Love Working at Healthline
- You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and the LEADER mindset at Healthline – because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world
- Our CULTURE embraces: High Expectations, Feedback, Improvement, Recovery and Celebration
- Our MINDSET brings to work: Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Discipline, Effort and Respect
- These BEHAVIORS reflect the values that are important to us: Empathy, Collaboration, Ingenuity, Integrity, Joyful/Healthful Living
- We’re a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world
- We work together to achieve our mission with humility and genuine respect for each member of our team.
- We’re smart, innovative, and inspiring changemakers
- Transparency and honesty earn us the trust of each other and our users
- We empathize with our users and are committed to being their true ally in their lifelong pursuit of health and well-being
- We have fun, live well, and promote good health. We’re proving that you can work hard and be happy
- We’ve got cozy canine companions in the SF office. Pooches make Healthline HQ fun!
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages, one day/week remote option and comprehensive health benefits
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Specific Job Location US, Remote
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years, 10+ Years
- Education Level Not Required, Associate Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date April 10, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page