(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World
Native English proficiency required)
At HelpDocs we build knowledge base software that helps companies of all sizes scale their support. We serve over a hundred million pages a month for Fortune 100 companies down to fledgling 2-people-in-a-garden-shed startups (true story).
We’re making knowledge bases (traditionally dull and unloved) into something you actually want to update. One that helps to reduce churn and increase customer happiness.
We’re a fully distributed, bootstrapped, profitable team that’s growing fast. All organically with (almost) zero paid advertising spend.
As a member of the Customer Education team you’ll be working closely with the team lead and founders to help educate prospective and current customers about how to use HelpDocs.
We’re not expecting you to be amazing at everything here, but this is a general rundown of the day-to-day for the Customer Ed team.
- Help current customers make the most of their HelpDocs subscriptions
- Respond to customer chat and email queries
- Write support documentation for common queries
- Make prerecorded videos to explain more complex product features
- Run live Sessions and Workshops to help customers one-on-one and at scale
- Help prospective users make the right decision about if HelpDocs is right for them
- Respond to chat and email pre-sales questions
- Identify where the product is a good fit for the prospect
- Know the competitive landscape so you can refer prospects to one of our competitors if they’re a better fit
- Find and provide genuine value to potential future users
- Write blog posts (generally personal stories) that tangentially relate to support, happiness or remote work
- Talk to existing customers about their work and write up Customer Stories
- Help produce ebooks, worksheets, and other long-form content
It’s important to note that this isn’t a traditional support, marketing, or sales role. It’s a role specifically focused on educating our customers so they can make the most of their existing (or future) subscriptions.
- You’re fluent (like a native) in English. Bonus points if you speak a second language. Extra bonus points if that’s French, German, Spanish, Dutch or Chinese.
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You’re compassionate, and understand that all our users are amazing, even if they currently think you’re an asshole
- You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty in different areas of the business
- You thrive on feedback, positive and negative, and are constantly working to be the best you can be
- You’re happiest (and preferably have experience in) working remotely. Bonus points if you love to travel.
- You have right to work in the UK (if you want to be officially employed) or you live literally anywhere else and are happy taking care of your own taxes (you’ll be retained as a full-time consultant)
- You have a personality and you’re not afraid to show it. 🦄✨
- You have a passion for helping customers, and are driven to help them succeed.
- You’ll be working a lot with our current Customer Education Lead and the founders (we’re pretty awesome, so that’s a perk 😇).
- We’re bootstrapped, profitable and remote. You’ll get to learn how all that works.
- Transparent internal metrics and goals. We’ll share (nearly) everything with you from day 1.
- The whole team is friendly, approachable, and inclusive to all.
- 1-2 team retreats a year. We’re currently planning our fourth team retreat for January 2020. We’ve had retreats in Madrid, Panama and Bangkok so far.
- We’ll provide whatever software & equipment you need to do your job successfully
- Flexible vacation policy. Technically we offer 28 days to all employees, but we’re not counting. If you need time, take it. Then come back and do great work. 💪
If you’re amazing at the role, there’s room to grow in your existing role, in Customer Education in general, or move to another role entirely. We’re pretty flexible.
We’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible. If you’re a good fit we’ll get back to you within a few weeks to schedule a chat on Slack (or team chat software).
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Not Required
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date August 3, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page