Company Website: https://www.chef.io/
Remote Locations: North America (MT, PST timezones preferred)
Job Type: Full-Time
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
- Engages and collaborates with other Chef employees and with Chef partners in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues in system design/execution as related to Chef products.
- Participates in daily ticket triage.
- Participates in the distribution of support tasks among the members of the System Engineering staff.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with the rest of the support team.
- Takes proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements based on key data points.
- Drives a great customer experience with each support incident, contributing to customer satisfaction and loyalty and amplifying the value of Chef products and services.
- Investigating any apparent technical discrepancies/deficiencies within the Chef product line, often based upon verbal description and/or remote investigation, understanding the technical issues present.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting the problem remotely, which frequently will require re-creating a virtual version of the system environment used by the customer.
- Performing testing and analysis to evaluate the solution for the discrepancy/deficiency.
- Representing Chef in relevant customer communications.
- Responding to questions from customers on system automation, configuration management, and continuous delivery software, et al, including such software’s configuration, use, and functionality, and leading resolution of technical issues.
- 3+ years experience in Systems Engineering / Administration with firm understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows architectures.
- 2+ years experience with system and application services scripting and general programming languages (additional scripting or programming language exposure and experience a bonus).
- Previous experience working in technical support or in an administrative, consulting or development capacity on an enterprise client or server product.
- Passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate. A love for debugging complex technical issues at every level of a modern application stack.
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef preferable.
- Experience with version control (e.g. git) is preferable.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and web services is a plus.
- Experience in high availability design and troubleshooting (e.g. DRBD, keepalived) a plus.
- Strong written communication skills mandatory for this role. You will be tested on your ability to write cohesive, cognitive and concise customer communications during the interview. An ability to communicate effectively under pressure is absolutely mandatory.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply’ button to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To Be Arranged
- Closing Date December 31, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page