Customer Support Engineer
(Work Remotely in Central to Western Europe)
At Close, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we’re leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we’ve grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 35 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We are hiring a Technical Customer Support Executive to help us “double down” on the great service experience we provide our customers
Team Revenue is made up of three teams: Sales, Success, and Support. You’d be reporting to the Support Team Manager.
As a Technical Customer Support Engineer, you would be responsible for handling general support emails sent during European business hours, along with solving more technical requests from our customers. (e.g. Answering detailed questions about our API, and assisting with lead data cleanup and migrations.)
You have experience moving data across the internet by interacting with APIs, cloud-based servers, and Python scripts. You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced remote environment with a small and talented team where you’re supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed environment.
- Respond to customer support tickets during Western/Central European business hours (GMT+1, GMT+2).
- Provide customer support for the Close API and the customers that interact with it.
- Provide technical support and solutions to the Success and Sales teams.
- Answering detailed questions about our API, and assisting with lead data cleanup and migrations
- Physically based in Western or Central Europe, with a strong preference for GMT+1 or GMT+2 time zones.
- 1 year (or more) of experience using Python.
- High-level of proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a customer facing role (sales, support, hospitality, etc.).
Bonus points if you
- Can provide us with scripts you’ve written that interact with a SaaS product’s API.
- Have written Python scripts that read/write data from Google Sheets to another database.
- Have experience scraping website data using Python with frameworks/libraries like Requests, scrapy, and/or BeautifulSoup.
- Have experience with sales or sales tools.
- Have experience in a technical support role for a SaaS company.
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive base salary with an uncapped commission plan
- Medical, dental with HSA option – 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- 5 weeks PTO + 6 government holidays + Dec 24 – Jan 1 company holiday
- Parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 14 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one – we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don’t think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
Specific Job Location
CENTRAL / WESTERN EUROPE
To be discussed
1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
To be discussed
September 3, 2019
Job Application Via
Custom Application Page