The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Tech team is a small, diverse team that provides the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day.
But there’s more to do. So we’re hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives—building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
The Data Community Manager will run a team that serves as the hub for data, tools, and strategic support for members of the data community and facilitates a feedback loop between our community and the DNC Tech team as a whole. Major (but not exhaustive) areas of work include: managing a team of analysts, setting the standard for support, collaboration, and relationship building, long-term planning and process improvement, and collaboration and coordination with the larger Tech team and DNC.
- Manage the day-to-day process, training, reporting, and development of the Data Community Analyst team to provide strategic support to the larger community,
- Lead on the front lines ensuring we are delivering impactful solutions to the field: setting and meeting high standards of customer support and relationship building; ensuring constituents get the most out of our suite of tools and products; crafting reporting to ensure we are building relationships and providing the highest level of constituent support and strategic guidance,
- Develop and coordinate long-term plans and process improvements for providing services and support to campaigns for upcoming cycles,
- Ensure our data, tools and products are documented to maximize usability and troubleshooting,
- Coordinate communication with all stakeholders about tools, services, support, training to various community constituencies,
- Collaborate on a comprehensive training program for all continents to ensure effective and efficient use of the party’s all data, tools, services, and technology,
- Develop and execute long-term plans for each upcoming political cycle to communicate and ensure proper levels of service and support for all candidates and stakeholders,
- Collaborate and coordinate with the larger Tech team and DNC team at-large on major initiatives, goals, process, communications, and training materials, etc,
- Serve as a leader within the larger DNC Tech team to determine: when to develop new systems/processes/tools (including proper scope and end-user needs) and how and when to revise or adjust current systems/processes/tools.
- A talent for communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- A vision for how community collaborations and strategic support, coupled with resources such as tools or products, provide decisive edges in the field;
- The ability to remain focused and effective in a fast-paced environment, with multiple competing priorities;
- A passion for training, documentation, and knowledge/best practice sharing;
- The ability to understand and deploy systems that are managed across multiple parts of a team.
- Previous experience managing a team;
- Fluency with the overall data/tech tools (Vertica, SQL, VAN, Tableau, etc.), services, and support provided by the party to stakeholders;
- Political campaign experience;
- Fantastic communication and relationship building skills and a desire to hone and apply them;
- A desire to collaborate and work closely with cross-functional partners;
- A natural curiosity and humility to the way you approach your work;
- A desire to change politics for the better, support the Democratic Party, and secure the future of our country.
You can work: out of our office in Washington, D.C., with a concentration of folks in the New York, San Francisco Bay Area, Boston, or Chicago; or, remotely from wherever you are.
If you are coming from industry it is important to be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we’ve done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries, we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location USA
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 20, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page