We are seeking a Data Quality Assurance Analyst who will help ensure we deliver the highest quality data services and documentation to customers.
The ideal candidate will bring strong technical skills in data extraction and manipulation, testing and validations of data sets, business mindset for approaching problems and a passion for comprehensive documentation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone to gain valuable experience and enable data driven decisions at a high-growth, technology company.
- Partner with product owners/engineering leaders to define, write, and maintain data test requirements, QA strategies
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of data, definitions, tables, and schemas across multiple systems.
- Ensure high-quality and accurate customer data is delivered into our analytics platform. Troubleshoot and resolve complex data quality issues.
- Plan and execute on periodic data QA sprints. Run recurring data audits to find inconsistencies and anomalies both within a dataset as well as against a ground truth.
- Collaborate with developers and engineers on geographically-diverse teams to ensure appropriate documentation and quality of any data additions and changes. Our data pipelines go all the way from the robot to the web frontend, the candidate must be able to understand and identify each part of the system and communicate that effectively.
- Make recommendations on new data definitions per business requirements.
- Triage and report bugs throughout our data pipeline. Escalate defect reports and critical issues to engineering teams and collaborate with them to prioritize defect resolution. Take ownership of communicating changes to the appropriate end-users.
- Create reports and dashboards.
- Champion internal and external tooling to bring-in automation at various steps of data management.
- Contribute to constantly improving data quality/quality assurance best practices.
- A./B.S. or equivalent degree with 3+ years of relevant experience as data QA technician/ data QA analyst/Data engineering specialist (Degree/certifications in a quantitative data related field is a huge plus).
- Proficiency in python, bash, knowledge of other programming languages as well as SQL and NoSQL databases is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Data QA methodology and standard processes.
- Strong debugging skills. Great attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with testing ETLs and knowledge of different data technology stacks is a huge plus.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in writing scripts or programs to analyze/validate large data sets.
- Hands-on experience with defect management tools such as JIRA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able communicate with other functional teams to coordinate systems integration testing requirements.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL.
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 9, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page