(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World)
Community Data Platforms
Community Data Platforms believes communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence-based decision-making. CDP supports this mission by building data platforms in communities across the country to help leaders and decision-makers answer their Pressing Questions.
With a five-year goal of serving 100 communities, CDP believes it can support data-driven decision-making among governments, business, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes among a range of critical community organizations. Communities have pressing questions and CDP’s team and approach develops actionable insights and communicates them clearly by using advanced visualizations. We believe a community data platform is an essential community service.
We’re looking for highly intelligent, motivated people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country.
The Database Engineer will be responsible for organizing and improving a growing data warehouse for a fast-paced organization. They will support various teams to create scalable solutions to answer pressing questions across multiple communities in the United States. An excellent candidate will work directly with ETL developers, data scientists, and dashboard developers to advise the storage process from raw data to actionable insight.
Effective communication is essential as well as a strong foundation in data storage principles and design. They must be adept at working alongside colleagues with varying backgrounds and technical expertise. The position requires versatility and creative thinking in order to meet business goals.
Regular activities will include user group management, the participation in brainstorm sessions, the research of appropriate solutions and the translation of data science results into dashboard-ready tables.
- Design and organize a data warehouse for efficiency and scalability
- Expertly script regular processes using Python and SQL
- Chain code blocks written by data science colleagues into repetitive database workflows
- Manage database user groups
- Answer technical questions posed by ETL team members
- Work effectively with multiple managers simultaneously to meet business timelines
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT to keep the company at the forefront of innovation
- A bachelor’s degree and previous database engineering experience is required.
- At least 1 year of experience developing PostgreSQL solutions in an enterprise environment is desired.
- Must have experience with Linux-based cloud computing systems (AWS).
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining PostgreSQL relational databases is crucial.
- A successful candidate should demonstrate experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
The proven ability to work collaboratively on diverse teams needs to be demonstrated in the application package. They must work effectively on their own, as well as in a team setting with peers of varying subject area expertise. Position can be full or part-time. Huge growth potential for the correct candidate. Competitive salary.
How To Apply:
Please apply to: email@example.com
Use the subject line Database Engineer – June 2019
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2 Year(s), 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years, 10+ Years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours Flexible Schedule
- Closing Date July 8, 2019
- Job Application Via Employer Email