Director of DevOps
(Work Remotely Worldwide)
ALICE is a growing startup serving 2k+ hotels all over the world with a global team of 140 staff spread across 16 countries. Our mission is to help businesses deliver exceptional hospitality with a focus on hotels. We do this by partnering with the world’s best hoteliers to build a product that lets them do their best work. We take on the challenge of running the day to day tasks of every department in a hotel through a unified platform.
We are looking for a Director of DevOps to lead a group of high-performing and globally distributed DevOps engineers. The Director of DevOps will manage and continue to grow a globally-distributed team while contributing to strategic planning to define direction for ALICE Infrastructure and DevOps. You will work with a highly motivated, diverse, and thoughtful group as we rapidly scale to disrupt an industry.
- Lead a global team of DevOps engineers focused on efficient operation of daily activities, developer productivity and continuous improvement. Monitoring, automation and tools development
- Establish and maintain DevOps strategies for execution and growth of the operation
- Work closely with the engineering and product leadership to architect solid technical design and approach to operations
- Define and manage company’s cloud posture with efficient utilization of cloud services, optimizing AWS cost/usage
- Define and manage service standards, SLA’s for uptime & monitoring, etc
- Implement processes for efficient server management including security related tasks, ensuring alignment with security requirements like patching and encryption
- Develop and maintain a Business Continuity Plan and a Disaster Recovery Plan, and ensuring successful annual testing of each.
- Develop and recommend standards, guidelines, and best practices for DevOps
Our stack is:
- Backend: Java / Groovy and Grails
- Web Server: Tomcat
- Database: Aurora MySQL (AWS RDS)
- 6+ years DevOps management experience at scale
- Hands-on experience building complex, scalable, and high-performance system software architectures with AWS
- Experience with designing the appropriate monitoring and alerting for production infrastructures
- Strong experience with agile software development techniques and highly automated test environments
- Experience managing mission-critical production systems with strict SLAs around service availability
- Strong leadership skills with widely distributed teams (geography and time), inspiring and coaching people to help them do the best work of their career; helping people identify opportunities for their own growth, and define plans for achieving measurable goals
- Organization and context-switching: this role will focus on a number of initiatives, simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
By joining all of the departments of your hotel with a single operations platform for internal communication and task management, ALICE helps your staff act as a team to provide consistently excellent service. ALICE’s main product – ALICE Suite – brings together your front office, concierge, housekeeping, and maintenance teams, and connects your guests to your hotel with our app and text messaging tools. The ALICE platform is also available as specialized software and mobile applications for your staff (ALICE Staff), your concierge (ALICE Concierge) and your guests (ALICE Guest). Each module can be integrated with your PMS and third party management systems. ALICE’s partners include 3-5 star independent and managed hotels, hotel groups, residential condominiums, serviced apartments, vacation rental companies, and concierge companies looking to provide exceptional service through mobile staff technology and guest communication channels. Third-party service providers also use the ALICE API for a host of different ways to integrate with PMS and other systems.
ALICE was founded in 2013 by Justin Effron, Alex Shashou, and Dmitry Koltunov, and has raised $39M to date.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date July 22, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page