Scribendi is looking for the best freelance editors. When we find the best editors, as we’ve been doing for over two decades, we provide a streamlined process that allows editors to focus on what they do best: editing.
In the Scribendi system, there’s no bidding for orders. We provide a constant stream of work, and as a contractor you can choose what you want to work on. The value for each order is clearly outlined before you accept it. There are no interactions with clients; there’s no need to sell yourself, to market your services and skills, to engage in lengthy back-and-forths with clients, or to bid your own profits away trying to secure work. Our marketing team brings in the clients, and our fantastic Customer Service team handles all interactions with them. You can just pick the orders you want and start working. Our online system will handle all the details and let you keep things simple.
Your schedule is your own, and you can work as much or as little as you want. All you have to do is provide great work and meet your deadlines. You’ll get paid promptly and securely each month, so you’ll never have to chase a client for payment again. We have high standards, which is why we pursue the world’s best freelance editors. We provide access to free educational resources for optional continued learning, as personal growth is something that we believe in as a company. You can work from anywhere, but you will need a PC with anti-virus software and a secure internet connection. You’ll need to be familiar with word-processing software and one or more style guides. If you’re a freelance editor who wants both autonomy and security, you’ll want to work with Scribendi.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- At least three years of experience in editing, writing, document production, or language teaching
- Native-level English ability
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
- Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000–1,500 words per hour
- Microsoft Word 2010 or later
- A PC (not Mac) computer
- You need to have a secure internet connection. This includes the following requirements:
- a private network (i.e., no public WiFi can be used)
- password protection
- WP2/WP3 encryption
- anti-virus/anti-spyware software (installed and regularly updated, preferably daily)
- firewall (enabled Windows Defender or other firewall software)
- Broadband/high-speed Internet access
- The ability to accept payments in US dollars
- Must not reside in the US States of California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, Wyoming, New Jersey, Colorado, or New Hampshire.
- A graduate degree in a relevant field
- Access to additional word processing/document production software (e.g., Open Office, LaTeX, Acrobat, Final Draft, Publisher, PageMaker)
- In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, Turabian, APA)
How To Apply:
Click “Apply’ button to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer To Be Discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To Be Arranged
- Closing Date December 24, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page