GitHub is seeking an Engagement Manager for our Professional Services Delivery team. This position works closely with the Services Delivery Manager and Solution Architects to provide excellent customer service to our external clients, as well as serving as liaison to internal teams. The Engagement Manager reports to the Services Delivery Manager. This can be a remote position.
- Inbound customer communication triage
- Engagement success through coordination and scheduling
- Client billing/invoicing
- Ad hoc delivery team logistical support
- Be the first point of contact for all services customers, managing the team’s inbox and responding efficiently and effectively to customers within a same-day timeframe
- Conduct email-based Q&A with customers to identify customer needs and outline tasks for our services providers
- Coordinate the complex flow of information and decisions that make a successful services engagement
- Track interaction with customers from initial request through delivery of service and billing
- Work closely with the sales team to field customer questions and requests for services
- Ensure data fidelity in Professional Services Delivery through Salesforce.com records keeping
- Manage complex calendaring
- Set up online training classes and ensure a smooth registration process for students
- Organize financials and partner with accounts receivable team for customer billing
- Partner with the legal team on the production, sending, and receiving of customer contracts
- Be on constant watch for process improvements
- Seek out automation opportunities for repetitive tasks
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Proven track record of planning and coordinating customer-facing projects
- Ability to cheerfully provide customer service
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong ability to move process forward
- Self-motivation, energy, and enthusiasm
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working in a technology company in an operations or project management capacity
- Basic awareness of software development tool vocabulary
- Technical aptitude to learn basic Git and GitHub vocabulary
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together as individuals and in teams to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Specific Job Location US - Remote
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years, 10+ Years
- Education Level Not Required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date March 5, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page