Waggl is looking for experienced Web Developers to join our growing team.
Waggl (www.waggl.com) is the most human way for organizations to crowdsource feedback. Waggl lives at the intersection of two organizational realities: companies want to be on the pulse of their employees and employees want to know that their opinions count. Featured in WSJ, Entrepreneur, and Fast Company, Waggl is one of the leading platforms to help organizations become more agile, aligned and hyper-aware, so they can make better decisions and execute more effectively.
Waggl provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Waggl complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How we are different
We know that as a developer you can work many places. Waggl’s work environment is unique.
- We care deeply about our work. Both the quality of what we produce and its impact.
- We believe everyone deserves to have their voice heard from a brand new hire to the CEO. This is key to our product and our culture. We check titles at the door.
- We trust you. You can work from home, in the office, or from an RV traveling across the country as long as you stay connected and get your work done. We trust you to take the time off you feel you need to recharge and be your best. No questions asked.
- We improve the work lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
- We work really smart.
- We are growing like crazy.
- All these things and more have led us to be named as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc magazine.
How we work
We work really hard to balance collaboration, autonomy, efficiency and high quality output. We do this through informal interactions, short daily meetings, and efficient planning meetings. Our primary technology stack is Ruby On Rails, and React. We also use Less and ES6 to make frontend work more enjoyable. Our team is made up of developers, designers and QA folks.
Where you fit in
Our system is robust enough to have interesting technical challenges but not so big that you only get to work on one specialized portion of the system. We are looking for people to contribute in the following ways:
- Develop new features (front-end, back-end, or both).
- Help us further scale our platform (both through optimization and re-architecting as needed)
- Contribute to the team’s best practices and effectiveness.
- Help teammates and give feedback on their code
- Investigate production systems errors
- Work on other special technical projects
- Either 3+ years with Ruby on Rails or 3+ years with React
- Normal work hours are EDT, CDT, or PDT, AST (e.g. you live in North America, Central America, or South America)
- Team player
- Expert English if English is not your first language
Nice to have
- Experience with both Ruby on Rails and React
- Experience writing tests
- Experience optimizing sql queries.
- Experience working remotely
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date February 4, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page