Company Website: https://www.dotdash.com/careers/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Freelance
As a Dotdash Freelance Content Update Editor, you will revise and augment existing articles to elevate the user experience and drive additional traffic for Dotdash brands.
When you apply, you must include a cover letter and clips of your best work. Your cover letter also should identify the vertical for which you are applying. Rate is $25/hour.
We need content updaters in the following verticals:
The Balance and Investopedia: Your resume should show extensive editorial experience in covering business and financial topics, such as general investments, real estate, taxes, wills, ETFs, stocks, company profiles, marketing, global economy, HR, small business advice and entrepreneurship. Candidates with multiple areas of expertise will receive special consideration.
The Spruce: Your resume should demonstrate expertise in writing/editing about food, decorating, knitting and embroidery, pets and crafts.
Thoughtco: Your resume should indicate that you’re a strong: Y generalist editor, particularly with education topics. Other areas we need to fill call for someone with expertise in pop culture, general religions, sports, tech, math, the sciences, journalism, automotive subjects and media. Fluency in Asian languages is a plus.
TripSavvy: Candidates should demonstrate extensive experience in travel writing. We cover all regions of the world.
Lifewire: Extensive experience writing about tech issues across a wide range of topics is a must.
The Balance (Military): Candidates should have experience writing/editing military manuals and know how to render sections of the manual into original content the average reader will understand.
- Assess how much revision or updating an article needs
- Assess whether an article is too outdated or poorly composed to salvage
- Perform the revisions or updates
- Fact check the content
- Copyedit any content that needs little or no revision
- Knowledge working in a content management system
- Able to work independently and accurately
- Please allot for a minimum of 20 hours weekly
- Comfortable working remotely
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer $25/hour
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours minimum of 20 hours weekly
- Closing Date March 13, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page