* Work Remotely from anywhere in North America-friendly timezone *
- Grow Tortuga from 7 to 8 figures in sales while remaining bootstrapped
- Meet or exceed forecasted sales while staying under budget
- Build the next iteration (V4) of the company as we transition from a flat, siloed structure to a more scalable “team of teams”
- Coaching: You empower others to be great at their roles. You are a Coach, not a manager. Coaches don’t solve problems; they help Players solve problems. Tortuga is a Player-first company.
- The Right Ambition: The right ambition is ambition for the company, not for yourself. If Tortuga does well, you will do well. The opposite is not necessarily true. You should be able to work towards a common, company-wide goal even when you disagree with the strategy. Doing what is best for Tortuga and our customers is more important than getting your way.
- Taking Initiative: Every company says that it wants to hire self-starters. Remote companies have no choice. You must take initiative and hold yourself accountable to a high standard of work. No one is looking over your shoulder or tracking every minute of your work. You will likely have more autonomy at Tortuga than at your previous jobs. If you can’t turn this freedom into results, you won’t be successful on a remote team.
- Written Communication: Everyone on a remote team must be a strong writer. We have video calls and team retreats but communicate far more often in writing (Docs, Asana, email, Slack). You must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in writing.
DO NOT APPLY IF…
- You aren’t excited about travel. Our team is passionate about the problems we work on every day and our mission of making travel easier and more enjoyable.
- You want to spend your day in deep work. Coaches will have a manager’s schedule, not a maker’s schedule.
- You need the structure of working at a big company. We are a small, remote team. There is no HR department. If you need something done, you do it.
- You need the credit. We’ve built a humble, “no ego” team and only intend to hire people who fit that mold.
- Salary: Base pay is $140,000. At Tortuga, salaries are calculated by a formula, not by negotiation. The formula includes base pay with multipliers for job level and tenure (at Tortuga).
- Work from Anywhere: Tortuga is 100% distributed. Decide where you work best, whether that’s from home, a coffee shop, a co-working space, or another country. We will even pay for your coworking membership.
- Team Retreats: Twice per year, we meet up to plan the future and to enjoy time together in person. Past retreats include Prague, New Orleans, Lisbon, and Montreal.
- Unlimited Vacation: You decide how much of a break you need and when. Just promise to tell us about your trip when you get back.
- Total Coverage: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. We pay 100% of your premiums and 50% of your dependents’ premiums.
- Retirement Savings: Tortuga matches 100% of your contributions up to 4% of your salary.
- Parental Leave: Take up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Free Gear: All the bags and accessories you need for your future travels.
How To Apply:
Click on “Apply” down below to proceed a job application process.
- Specific Job Location Based in North America or nearby (North America friendly timezone)
- Salary Offer $140,000 Annual
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date September 14, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page