(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World)
Giant Army is looking for a graphics developer to join our team and help improve Universe Sandbox. You will be working closely with our team’s senior graphics developer to help develop, improve, and maintain assets and visual effects. As your skills and experience with the position grow, you will begin to research and develop entire visual subsystems of Universe Sandbox.
This is a full-time, remote position.
Join us. We’re making something incredible that’s unlike anything else.
- Maintain focus on interactive, realistic, and scientifically-accurate visual representations
- Work independently with guidance from our senior graphics developer, team scientists, and director
- Maintain source assets by integrating new data, such as updated elevation maps
- Prepare assets for use in the engine, such as importing and error checking models and textures, and creating and assigning materials
- Procedurally or manually generate textures for shader effects and surfaces
- Develop and maintain code used to connect visual and simulation systems
- (Strong C# & Unity Engine experience) || (Experience with an entity component model & object-oriented programming)
- Strong understanding of graphics pipelines, rendering techniques, and graphics-related math
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders (HLSL, GLSL, Cg)
- Appreciation for, and focus on, realism and detail
- Familiar with version control (we use GitHub), task-management systems (we use GitHub+ZenHub), code reviews, and so forth
- Self-driven; comfortable working collaboratively and remotely
- Passion for science, astronomy, and real-time interactive simulations
- Love of fantastical what-if scenarios: what-if.xkcd.com (note citation #6 on 148)
Giant Army is the company behind Universe Sandbox. Our headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, USA, with team members across the United States, Germany, and Denmark.
Team members enjoy a flexible, collaborative environment that values work-life balance. We pursue the features that get us excited about science, and we do the work so we can share it with others. We strive to create an accessible experience that can’t be found elsewhere.
We believe science and video games are for everyone, regardless of identity, and we’re committed to making an inclusive workplace. We encourage anyone who shares our passion for space to apply.
Universe Sandbox is a space simulator that merges real-time gravity, climate, collision, and physical interactions to reveal the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet. It’s more than a game; it’s a way of experiencing and learning about reality in a way that’s never been done before.
Universe Sandbox is available on Windows, Mac, Linux, and VR with mobile and future platforms planned. We’ve sold nearly half a million copies and have a “Very Positive” rating on Steam with 93% positive user reviews.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
Resume and code sample required. Please either upload or include links.
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2 Year(s), 3-5 Years, 5-8 Years, 8-10 Years
- Education Level Not Required
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date June 19, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page
- Remarks Please check on Job Category*