Hello. Biteable here. We’re looking for a Head of Growth to lead our marketing team, define strategy and play a key role in our fast-growing start-up. If you’re into reaching millions and making an impact, then you’re going to want to read this.
All about you
You drive month-on-month growth. And you know what you’re doing because it’s not your first time. You build sales engines that slurp in conversions like your granddad’s old Chevy V8. You fuel them with a big range of channels – like search, content, email, partnerships, content, and community – that you develop and grow yourself.
You bring people together. You’re not necessarily into fireside singalongs, but you know a thing or two about building a team. You know which kind of people you need on your side to get results. And you know how to get them working together. When you build a team, it works in harmony to achieve results.
You like achieving goals. And setting them. You’re into defining and managing the sales goals of your marketing team, and you’re savvy enough to monitor results across all channels, real-time. You’re proactive and reactive, meaning that you set your course based on your goals, while you navigate based on the conditions at hand.
You know a thing or two about everything. You’re well versed in all facets of marketing for tech start-ups and you’re comfortable riffing with everyone from creative to data and engineering. You’re versatile enough to see the value in different approaches and skilled enough to choose what works best.
You’re into experimenting and learning. While you don’t wear a white coat, you’re methodical in your approach to problem-solving and learning. You take nothing for granted and are always trying to find new ways to improve existing approaches or develop new ones. You’re obsessive in a good way.
You love watching videos. You know that video is pretty much the future of everything and you want to be part of the revolution. You’re aware of the impact video is having on marketing, but it feels like a no-brainer because you saw it coming. You’re passionate about high-quality content and you want to see everyone making better videos.
You’re somewhere on this planet. Wherever you’re based, you’re happy to work with teams in Australia and across the globe, and should geography dictate, you don’t mind traveling regularly. You also know a thing or two about Australian colloquialisms and are comfortable with either having your name shortened or lengthened (as convention dictates).
All about the role
Your tasks as Head of Growth will be defined in collaboration between the Board and you. These are the things we imagine you doing. You might have better ideas.
- Set traffic and acquisition goals for the marketing team
- Grow the marketing vision and implement short-term plans
- Build out an overachieving team with a diverse skill set
- Communicate goals and results with your team while guiding their growth
- Manage a monthly marketing budget with a focus on profitability
- Collaborate with all departments to reach your team’s goals
- Experiment with new channels and latest tools
- Step in (when needed) to plug gaps in the team
- Participate in ‘all hands’ sessions to better understand the customer experience
- Attend Board meetings as the marketing stakeholder
All about us
We are Biteable, a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to studio-quality content and our passion for simplicity.
Since our launch in 2014 we’ve:
- Created a community of over 3 million users
- Rendered 3.4 million videos (that’s about 2.4 million minutes back-to-back)
- Raised $3.9 million in venture capital including a $2.8M round in Jan 2018
We’re growing fast and have offices in Melbourne and Hobart, Australia, with team members scattered around the world. We’re informal, structurally flat and fun to work with. Our biggest teams are engineering and studio. It’s time to grow our marketing team to match.
How to Apply:
We want you to start soon, so our application process is quick and intense. Start by sending us your CV and a short explanation about why you and Biteable fit together like a horse and carriage to email@example.com. We’ll review it and get back to you quick smart. We’ll then do two rounds of informal interviews. If it feels right for all of us, you’ll be taking the marketing reins at Biteable shortly. Giddy up.
- Specific Job Location Australia
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 3, 2019
- Job Application Via Employer Email