System 1 is looking for a Image Editor to join the company as a freelancer working remotely.
Who We Are
System1 was founded in Venice, CA with a simple mission use technology to make advertising better for consumers and advertisers. System1 is led by a team of passionate and experienced entrepreneurs who have built multiple billion dollar companies.
Since our founding, we have become a profitable adtech and digital media company, with many successful websites, including leading how-to site HowStuffWorks.com.
We are an LA-based web content company looking for remote, freelance image editors to source and edit images for interactive content such as quizzes and list articles. This content has already been written and we are looking for design professionals who are able to choose images that complement this content contextually, edit them to our specifications, and upload the finished product into our CMS.
If you’re a digital professional who enjoys creating entertaining and engaging multimedia on topics ranging from pop culture to animals to automotive, we’d love to work with you.
This position is entirely remote and offers competitive pay in a timely manner. You decide your hours, we provide stock image services and all the infrastructure to help you get the job done. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, keep reading.
- Select relevant images to associate with previously written content using our image libraries and other approved sources for engaging, interactive Web content.
- Manipulate images to meet strict editorial, quality, and CMS standards
- Navigate the nuances of an imperfect proprietary CMS that’s still in development to upload and manage assets.
- Coordinate with content managers on all assignments, appropriately documenting all sourced images
- Ensure a high level of quality, consistency, and accuracy across all images
- Create and design original images from scratch as required by content needs
- Operate efficiently by following all image guidelines while delivering work on time
- Fluency with Photoshop or equivalent image editing software
- Strong familiarity with Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, equivalent and/or experience working with proprietary CMS still in development
- Experience working with stock image services and images in the public domain
- Possess strong sense of visual aesthetics, editorial perspective, and attention to detail
- Proven skill in image search and curation, selecting relevant images for existing content.
- Comfortable communicating primarily through Google Drive, Slack, and email
- Familiarity with fair use and copyright best practices and ability to follow strict image guidelines.
- Experience with Google Docs and invoicing for payment
- Ability to effectively time manage while maintaining a high level of quality of work
- A reliable computer, Photoshop or equivalent, and a stable internet connection
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 22, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page