Sannam S4 is seeking two International Officers (USA) to provide recruitment support and partnership development for a London-based university. The University, one of only five private universities in the UK, is located in central London. The university, while fairly small in terms of overall student numbers, has a robust international student body with students coming from over 140 countries. These attributes, along with the mission of the university to develop global leaders, leads to a distinct student experience.
The US is an important recruitment market for this university and the two roles – as members of Sannam S4’s higher education advisory team – will support the client’s student recruitment team.
The initial contract will be for a period of one year with the potential for two, one-year extensions, subject to successful deliverables during the period of the initial contract and Sannam S4’s approval.
The positions are remote, work-from-home roles and report into the Director of Education, North America at Sannam S4.
To enhance the capacity of Sannam S4’s partner university, who is seeking to engage internationally, and to strengthen the university’s partnerships and presence within the US, one role will lead on the development and implementation of outreach, marketing and recruitment strategies for the full degree undergraduate market, while the other will support short-term study abroad as well as graduate student recruitment.
the two roles will be based in one of the following regions:
- Undergraduate student recruitment – East Coast or Mid-West base
- Graduate student recruitment and support to study abroad programs, primarily through the university’s extensive affiliate network – Nationwide, with specific states to be defined
Key responsibilities and objectives of both roles are as follows:
- Assists with the development of innovative recruitment and marketing strategies aimed at driving student recruitment from the US.
- Provides quality market intelligence and expert knowledge to the student recruitment office on trends to inform the US market plan and to identify new business opportunities.
- Leads on the operational management of recruitment activities within designated states and for designated programs ensuring objectives and targets are met.
- Liaises closely with a range of colleagues in the Student Recruitment Office and International Partnership Office and acts as a key contact for staff and other university personnel visiting the US.
- Explores opportunities for progression/articulation agreements and other collaborative work at the graduate level.
- Undertakes extensive travel (on average 12-16 weeks per year, often away from home for several weeks at a time) in order to promote the university through visits to affiliates, attendance at relevant events and visits and presentations at colleges/universities.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with key influencers/stakeholders in the recruitment process including international partnership/education offices at affiliate campuses, relevant college/university departments, independent counsellors, parents, the British Council, national professional agencies, funding bodies, etc. to raise the profile of the university in the US.
- Contributes to the work of colleagues in the Brand & Creative team to develop appropriate marketing materials.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications teams to develop and implement a digital plan for the US.
- Further works with the Marketing & Communications team and QS to develop and deliver a communications and conversion plan for the US.
- Builds productive relationships with key contacts in the Faculties and Professional Services in order to provide a high-quality personalized service to enquiries, applicants and their families.
- Liaises with the Alumni Office to develop a system for best utilizing local alumni networks focusing on recruitment activities.in order to maintain links with alumni in the region through events and to determine how to best involve alumni in the recruitment process.
- Monitors performance and sends regular reports on the outcomes of recruitment activities, new opportunities and trends, and adjusts the recruitment plan accordingly.
- Keeps up to date with national and international developments that pertain to international higher education and responds to the impact any may have on the US market.
- Willingly undertakes any other duties that may be assigned/requested.
- Knowledge of the higher education industry
- Knowledge of the North American secondary education systems
- Experience in event planning or program administration
- Experience presenting and public speaking
- Willingness and ability to work independently
- Willingness to work off-hours to accommodate the UK time-zone
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly (in North America and abroad)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in the use of all MS office applications
- Prior experience working within a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer 40,000 to 45,000 USD Per Year
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 19, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page