Local Unit & Position Description
Are you looking for a rewarding career in Key Customer Development in a company with a sustainable profile?
Are you looking for a career that combines your ambition to succeed with a positive contribution to sustainability? Can you combine your entrepreneurial ability to support in the identification, sales and growth of large complex customers? Can you manage complex situations and turn them into effective solutions? Can you communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels? Do you put the customer first when facing a challenge?
Then you might be the candidate we are looking for to grow our large portfolio of customers within a wide range of industries.
DNV GL Business Assurance is currently seeking to fill the role of Key Account Manager. This is a remote position based in the U.S. with 60 to 80% travel in the U.S and Canada.
The correct candidate will have the innate capability to sell in a complex business environment with a perfect balance between a commercial mindset and a customer focused approach.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is one of the world’s leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
You will be expected to manage our growing portfolio of key customers with a focus on selling services to meet the needs of their supply chain and assurance of their own sustainable performance. You will have responsibility for your own sales and growth of both new and existing large accounts. You will manage these relationships to generate trust with your corporate contacts, their stakeholders and society at large. Additional responsibilities are:
* Develop creative solutions for existing clients, as well as pursue new client opportunities.
* Develop and execute account plan for Key Accounts.
* Develop and negotiate customized contracts with existing and new customers to ensure that cost, margin, service delivery and volume targets are delivered in line with Supply Chain /Assurance Service Business plans and profit requirements.
* Follow up on leads from marketing campaigns
* Develop and strengthen customer relationship at multi-level including top management of the target organization.
* Raise awareness of our innovative solutions and tools with existing customers
* Ensure profitable and seamless delivery of services
* Work with internal team to ensure responsiveness to customer inquiries and expectations
* Maintain and improve customer satisfaction
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of your customers’ business risks and opportunities
* Managing data in our CRM system
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience).
* 5+ Years Business Development experience with successful achievements in development, implementation and/or execution within supply chain
* 5+ years of previous Key Account/Customer Management experience
* Proven track record in a similar role with sales and/or customer service
* Demonstrable experience selling Business to Business technical services – Preferred
* Experience working with CRM systems
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint etc.)
* Have strong experience with working with diverse cultures on international projects
* Strong reading, written and verbal English for conducting business on behalf of DNV GL (additional languages a plus).
* Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% of the time domestic/international.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license and can rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required.
* We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Local employment conditions apply.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Specific Job Location USA, Canada
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 16, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page