Part-time and full-time teaching faculty share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework as adopted by APUS for cognitive presence, teaching presence, and social presence. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They contribute to and participate in a range of activities related to effectiveness and excellence in teaching and student retention. Faculty members remain aware of discipline content intent for the courses they teach. They follow APUS guidelines, processes, and methods and are responsive to mentoring and coaching.
- Teaching excellence
- Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
- Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching Presence, Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
- Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
- Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
- Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
- Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain ‘discipline’ knowledge by participating in one’s own discipline-related professional communities.
- Support APUS initiatives and departments.
- Terminal degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, or a related area from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Five or more years of experience in public service or a related field is required.
- Experience teaching Master’s capstone courses in Public Administration or Public Policy is preferred.
- College-level teaching experience is required.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Record of excellence in teaching.
Preferred Areas of Experience:
- Administration and leadership at state or local level
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Sitting, extensive use of keyboard
Please note: Applicants selected to proceed in the hiring process with conferred degrees from foreign institution(s) will require a course-by-course evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved agency. All charges associated with official transcripts and foreign transcript evaluations are the responsibility of the applicant and are not reimbursed by APUS.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 10, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page