- Collaborate with design and engineering to iteratively scope, build and launch new features.
- Build consensus amongst stakeholders by defining a shared vision and establishing a roadmap of prioritized initiatives, backed by quantitative research.
- Research and write detailed user stories as well as high level business cases and specifications. You should be comfortable describing the big picture as well as digging into the weeds.
- Act as a product owner responsible for prioritization of the team’s backlog, leveraging your experience to prioritize based not only on a technical happy path but also on business value and strategic direction.
- Effectively use data and analytics to inform the direction of the product.
- Provide leadership by example. Communicate with, influence, and motivate your team to want to build the best product while creating a collaborative environment for doing so: you will indirectly manage a team of product developers and be partially responsible for their performance and job satisfaction.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Work with other product managers and with cross-functional teams to establish a modus operandi.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In the first month you will:
- Work cross functionally and with other PMs to craft and prioritize your high level roadmap and backlog. Decide what you’ll be shipping first.
- Continue to learn the Toptal platform & product suite, while also working with Engineering to familiarize yourself with Toptal’s architecture and code base.
- Take over all in-flight and planned initiatives.
In the first three months you will:
- Have your roadmap and product development in full motion. Be fully integrated into your development team as a leader and partner.
- Have created demonstrable value and measurable KPIs that help to drive impact for our business.
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals.
- Continuously improve your team’s processes.
In the first six months you will:
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon your roadmap initiatives.
- Work with other product managers to measure and refine your roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time.
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary.
In the first year you will:
- Have delivered on your roadmap priorities and promises. Your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion.
- Have worked cross functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users.
- 2+ years of platform-oriented product management experience. A background in engineering is preferred.
- Data-driven and comfortable writing complex SQL queries.
- Able to balance quantitative and qualitative analysis – comfortable building your own queries to analyze data as well as conducting research through various discussions with customers and teammates.
- Comfortable creating wireframes and mockups, with a knack for keeping things simple.
- Detail oriented with a high bar for quality when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approach, and testing a feature before it is released.
- Able to keep up with a fast-paced, global company, focusing on execution.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to top-notch leadership skills (see above). Be ready to provide a writing sample.
- Continuously looking to maximize impact. As part of your application, and to show you read this far, please describe an accomplishment of yours that you believe had a big impact.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date December 9, 2018
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page