Professor of Digital Journalism
(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World)
The School of Creative Expression at Missional University invites applications for an online faculty position in Digital Journalism teaching courses in journalism, multimedia production, and media programming including the following courses:
- Broadcast Writing
- News Writing & Reporting
- Broadcast Documentary
- Multimedia Reporting
- Fundamentals of Digital Journalism
- Digital Media Programming & Management
Applicants must have a Ph.D.in Mass Communications or related field with significant personal experience in radio and television news reporting and production with skills in audio and video editing. Applicants may teach online from anywhere on the globe and do not have to have US residency, but must be fluent in English and have a stable internet connection.
Since the Missional University is dedicated to training grassroots missional leaders in the evangelical tradition, administrative staff and faculty members must commit to both our faith and ethos statements. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Women, majority world scholars, ethnic minorities, and recent doctoral graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate practical international or intercultural missions experience within their own country or beyond. Applicants must have a strong orientation to relating digital journalism courses to missionary and ministry service in the mission of God.
Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of digital journalism and news production and related eLearning courses to equip Christian believers to serve in churches, denominational and mission agencies, community ministries, and other faith-based and community service organizations. The successful applicant will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with an instructional technologist to design, develop and deploy his or her own courses. Course development will begin immediately upon hire.
- Required: Doctoral degree in Mass Communications or a related field (Ph.D.) from an accredited university
- Experience in digital journalism, audio/video editing, and production, online distribution of media through internet-based radio/tv
- Some theological education is preferred
- Teaching experience, preferably online
- A vibrant Christian testimony
- Practical missions experience in his/her own country of origin or beyond
- Agreement with the faith and ethos statements of the Missional University
- Passionate about the mission, vision and core values of the Missional University
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
Please attach a letter of inquiry, curriculum vitae, and three references.
In your letter of inquiry, please explain your Christian faith commitment and international/missions experience. Thank you!
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level Doctoral Degree
- Working Hours To be discussed
- Closing Date August 2, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page