Company Website: https://www.tmz.com/
Remote Locations: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Full Time
TMZ Sports is looking for an experienced, motivated Associate Producer to join our news operation. The ideal candidate is someone who can write, report and build web posts in CMS multiple times a day. The candidate will be responsible for pitching original story ideas daily and seeing them through, contacting sources, finding assets (photos, video) and ultimately submitting for publication. In addition, the role also requires a basic knowledge of the legal system and how to access information through law enforcement departments and court records. This position requires someone who is motivated, hard-working and eager to take on responsibility. Currently, this is a remote position. Once our remote circumstances end, this position will be based out of Playa Vista, CA.
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ability to navigate through sports, entertainment news, analyze content, and recognize big stories
- Ability to develop contacts in breaking news stories and maintain relationships to aid in the news-gathering process.
- Gather and organize legal documents and maintain case files
- Work as a liaison between our news desk and Court Producers
- Stay up to date with trending news, both locally and nationally
- Provide original news angles and manage processes to follow those stories as they progress
- 3 – 4 years of experience working in a newsroom environment
- Professional skills required to develop sources, pursue stories, and break news
- A genuine interest in sports, pop culture and news are a must.
- Basic knowledge of court proceedings, criminal and civil, and ability to navigate through local court processes to obtain documents and information
- Ability to enterprise news stories
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in and knowledge of celebrities, pop culture, and sports
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location California
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date September 24, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page