Achieve Test Prep
Company Website: https://www.sketch.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full time
Sketch is an award-winning platform that helps over one million designers, from freelancers to some of the world’s largest teams, design better products every day. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, who we are and where we’re headed.
It’s an exciting time to join our expanding Marketing team. We have ambitious plans in place for 2020 and need to recruit an experienced, talented and creative Editorial Content Writer to get us there.
Our aim is to continue to grow our brand profile on a global scale, retain and strengthen our position as an industry leader, and help our users design better products with Sketch.
Marketing is made up of the following teams:
- Copy and content; who educate and inform our users at every stage of their journey.
- Community and events; who put Sketch at the heart of major design conferences and local meetups.
- Web and digital; who grow and shape our web and digital presence.
We’re looking for an experienced writer, with an editorial background, ideally based around design or technology. You’ll be a fast learner, able to understand design concepts, figure out new features and communicate them to our audience in a clear way.
Writing a great article, blog post, tutorial or technical guide comes naturally to you, and you’ll be able to manage multiple writing projects at the same time. You’ll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to proof-reading copy.
Our team works remotely and communicates mostly in writing, so you will need to have excellent grasp written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- Growing and shaping our blog by writing regular posts, helping team members share their insights, and working with external contributors to introduce expert voices and opinions.
- Bringing a new hub of educational content to life, writing in-depth tutorials and best practice guides on everything from specific Sketch features, to wider design concepts.
- Curating and writing our monthly newsletter for an audience of over 230,000 subscribers.
- Creating content for new product features and updates, including blog posts, documentation, social posts and paid media posts.
- Working closely with our events and community teams, as well as our Customer Service and Customer Success departments to support them with copywriting and content.
- Working with the web team to write and update pages on our marketing website.
- Empowering the wider team to write in Sketch’s tone of advice, proof-reading copy and offering advice on best practice.
- Supporting the design and product teams by advising on in-product copy where necessary.
- 4+ years of professional writing experience.
- Knowledge of Sketch and/or design software in general.
- An understanding of how to write for the web, email, social media and other formats.
- A varied portfolio of writing in different styles and formats.
- An excellent level of written English.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
- Experience writing in a marketing department or creative agency.
- A background in editing a magazine or publication (online or in print).
- Experience of commissioning and working with other writers.
- An interest in design and technology.
- Experience of writing technical guides or tutorials.
- A working knowledge of web-based tools like Mailchimp and Notion.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date March 15, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page