Join the world’s largest virtual company!
Work from anywhere – Flexible hours – Training & travel opportunities
Scopic Software is seeking a skilled Remote ESL Teacher to join our team of 250+ professionals in over 40 countries. We are looking for a proactive, driven teacher who is passionate about helping non-native adult professionals improve their spoken and written English.
This is a part-time, home-based position, which could evolve into full-time for the right candidate.
The ESL Teacher teaches weekly or bi-weekly private classes with Scopic employees seeking to improve their professional English communication. This role involves writing custom curricula based on students’ objectives; scheduling, planning, and leading classes over Skype video; creating and reviewing homework assignments; and reporting on progress.
Successful candidates will be:
- Native English speakers
- Comfortable with self-organization and planning in a dynamic environment
- Independently motivated self-starters with strong work ethic
- Industrious and energetic
- Detail-oriented but still able to see the big picture
- Diplomatic but able to provide direct feedback when it is needed
- Receptive to constructive feedback and interested in growth and self-improvement
Ready to join a team of skilled professionals from around the world? Apply now!
At Scopic, we believe talent can be found in every corner of the globe, and you shouldn’t be limited by location. Our employees work in nearly every time zone, from whenever they feel most comfortable, and our clients benefit from this diversity of perspectives and expertise.
Grow Your Skills and Your Career, Fast
We offer training opportunities to keep your skills sharp and encourage you to stay up-to-date with ever-evolving technologies and best practices. As your skills grow and you take on additional responsibility, you will have opportunities to move up in the company. If you work hard and deliver quality results, you will do very well here. Pay raises and promotions are completely merit-based, so your success is in your hands.
Become a Valuable Part of a Small, Dynamic International Team
Unlike huge tech corporations like Google and Microsoft, Scopic employees don’t get lost in bureaucracy or sidelined doing the same boring tasks day after day. Most projects last six months to one year, so all team members have the opportunity to try their skills on a diverse range of applications. Scopic employees work independently and are entrusted with considerable responsibility.
Why Work With Scopic Software?
- Flexible working hours, set your own schedule
- Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
- Reliable, consistent workload
- Flexible payment options in $US – salaried and hourly positions available
- Annual pay increases for good performance
- Paid training and other professional growth opportunities
- International travel opportunities (not required)
- Bachelors degree in English, education, or a related field, Masters preferred
- 1+ year of ESL teaching experience
- TESOL certificate, preferred (but not required)
- Understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities of adult learners
- Experience designing and executing custom curricula
- Ability to create systems for scheduling, homework, and performance tracking
- Experience communicating and building rapport in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the aptitude to learn new skills quickly
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience. Employees are paid monthly via wire transfer.
Please apply online:
Have questions about this position? Contact us at email@example.com.
About Scopic Software
Scopic Software is the world’s largest virtual company. Founded in 2006, we have grown consistently by delivering innovative, cutting-edge software and marketing services to our clients and creating an empowering environment for our employees.
We build and market advanced software for clients and users around the globe. With 10+ years in the industry and 1000+ projects under our belt, we’ve brought to life software for Manufacturing, Media and Entertainment, Fintech, Healthcare, Food and Fitness, and Gaming. Check out our work on our portfolio: scopicsoftware.com/portfolio/.
Learn more about career opportunities at Scopic: scopicsoftware.com/careers.
- Salary Offer Compensation: depending on skills and experience.
- Experience Level 1-2-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours This is a part-time, home-based position, which could evolve into full-time for the right candidate.
- Closing Date December 3, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page