Company Website: https://krit.com/
Remote Locations: US only
Job Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a front-end developer to jump into a variety of projects. You’ll work closely with the rest of our team to implement new designs and iterate on existing web apps. We primarily use HTML, SCSS and Vue.js or React.js as front-end frameworks. But we care more about your talent and willingness to learn than experience with a particular framework.
We work with 8-12 clients at any time on projects like:
- Designing a web app to visualize the background noise of the internet and uncover the next wave of cyber attacks.
- Creating software to help some of the world’s largest, most respected universities make better financial decisions.
- Building a mobile app that makes communicating with clients during stressful times simple and effective for lawyers.
Eye for design The ideal person for this role is passionate about good design and cares about getting the little details right. You’re not a designer, but you’re not afraid to open a Figma file either.
Self-motivated and enthusiastic We’re open to someone more junior for this role, provided you’re talented, enthusiastic and self-motivated. We want to help you grow and are happy to spend time teaching you new skills, but we don’t believe in micro-managing so you need to be able to take tasks and run with them.
Excellent communication skills Communication is the key to just about everything in life, and this job is no different. We value communication skills over intense experience building scalable applications.
Salary: $71,000-$80,000 Based on Skill Level
If you’re based in the US we offer competitive healthcare plans, as well as dental and vision insurance and access to a 401k.
All Krit employees get 15 vacation days (effective immediately) as well as 10 company holidays. Sick days don’t count as vacation, if you’re sick don’t make it worse with work.
🌎Remote, United States
While we have a home base in Charleston, SC, most of our team is remote. For this role, we are only considering applicants who are eligible to work in the United States.
Everyone is different. As long as you can be available for team meetings and are able to communicate effectively with the team, work when you work best. We do expect you to average about 6 billable hours per day.
Every new employee gets $2,500 to spend on equipment, so you can pick whatever works best for you.
☕️Co-working/Coffee budget (Remote)
We want you to have the space you need to do your best work. We’ll give you up to $200 per month to put towards a co-working space. Or if you prefer going to a coffee shop a few times a week then we’ll cover the coffee tab.
👼Paid family leave
We offer a family leave plan of up to 4 weeks paid vacation and 4 weeks unpaid regardless of your gender.
How To Apply:
First, submit an application. If we think you could bring something new to the team, we’ll schedule a short, 30-minute phone interview with Andrew (our CEO). During this time, you’ll get to know each other and dive into your background.
If the phone interview indicates you’re a good addition to the team, we’ll schedule a more in-depth technical interview with you.
The technical interview will consist of 3 parts:
- Get to know some other Kritters and talk about your past experience and projects.
- Code review – you’ll review code that we’ve written and talk through how you would improve it.
- Design critique – we’ll present mockups for a potential project and have you talk through how you would improve them and go about implementing them.
There isn’t a coding portion of the interview, but you will be expected to communicate effectively, interpret code, and discuss design decisions.
We’re looking to fill this position by September 1. Due to the number of applications we get we can’t interview everyone, but we will respond to every application and do our best to provide feedback. Feel free to reach out to Andrew or other members of our team if you have specific questions, but please don’t ask for an interview.
Thank you so much for reading this far, we can’t wait to meet you!!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $71,000-$80,000 Based on Skill Level
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date September 12, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page