Company Website: https://zapier.com/jobs/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a full-time writer to play a central role in helping people be more productive at work through better tactics, tools, and automation. As a Writer at Zapier, you’ll join a small team that creates productivity guides, software comparison, and app tips read by more than 1 million visitors every month.
Zapier is a startup, so you’ll get experience with a little bit of everything.
- Write or update articles focused on work software and productivity
- Identify and pitch topics to help grow readership
- Edit the writing of fellow editorial team members
- Put our SEO best practices to work, including keyword research and tracking
- Promote editorial content on social, in our email newsletters, and elsewhere
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Online writing is what you do best. You have at least four years of experience writing content for online audiences, with a knack for growing your community of readers and ranking well in search.
Software and apps are a top interest. When it comes to being productive, you’re obsessed with how software and apps play a role. You’re specifically interested in researching and writing about business software, too, from project management to marketing automation to applicant tracking systems.
Productivity at work is a top priority. You are driven to be efficient and effective at work and, even more so, are eager to help others do the same.
You take a scientific and reader-first approach to your work. Testing is paramount. When writing about productivity and software, you go beyond perusing general information—you try out the strategies, put them through the ringer, and ensure you’re delivering your readers the most accurate report.
No draft is sacred. You rewrite introductions until they don’t resemble their former selves, obsessively check for unnecessary words, and welcome editing feedback.
You’re a team player. You realize that the work you do contributes to the company’s goals and mission of teaching everyone to be more productive and establishing Zapier as the leading authority on work software and productivity.
Learning brings satisfaction. When you approach a foreign subject, you don’t let your lack of knowledge stand in the way—even if it requires dozens of Google searches.
Efficiency is important. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. You set up systems and processes that let you increase your impact to be larger than yourself as an individual contributor.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date April 25, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page