Remote MySQL Support Engineer
(Work Remotely in South America)
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Percona open source database expertise helps businesses avoid downtime and outages, meet customer experience expectations, foster operational and developer collaboration and manage enterprise risks through sound database architecture frameworks.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Services group is focused on a high quality, efficient delivery of Percona services that result in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention and low operational costs. As a Support Engineer, you will serve as part of our team’s front line, providing our customers with friendly, helpful and responsive service via chat, e-mail and phone. You will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues of any complexity. You will serve as a subject matter expert in at least two key service areas, as an escalation point for complex issues, and a mentor for fellow team members.
The Percona Services group is responsible for the operational and technical delivery of the services included in the Percona products/services line. The Services group is focused on a high quality, efficient delivery of Percona services that result in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention and low operational costs.
Percona’s Support Services team is responsible for the performance and availability of our customers’ most critical systems. As a Percona Support Engineer, you will be providing our customers with professional expert-level knowledge in a friendly, helpful and responsive way via chat, e-mail and phone. You will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues of any complexity. You will serve as a subject matter expert in at least two key service areas, as an escalation point for complex issues, and a mentor for fellow team members. If you are an advanced MySQL DBA this could be the role for you!
- Good knowledge of both MySQL and InnoDB, including;
- All aspects of configuration.
- Performance tuning, query optimization, & index tuning.
- Backup solutions such as XtraBackup, & mydumper.
- HA solutions such as MHA.
- Detailed understanding of monitoring requirements.
- Demonstrable experience of administering Linux based systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues.
- Polite, friendly and professional; this position requires significant customer interaction and teamwork.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis.
- Experience with Galera / XtraDB Cluster, & HAProxy.
- Experience running on Cloud Services such as AWS and RDS or hosting providers like Rackspace.
- Experience with Nagios, Percona Monitoring Plugins and other monitoring tools.
- Experience of configuration management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with tools from the Percona Toolkit suite.
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Professional Certifications.
- MongoDB installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of RocksDB (expert knowledge would be outstanding but not required).
Location: Remote, work from home position ideally anywhere within South America time zones. 5 day work week including weekend. Participation with the on-call team schedule. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours 5 day work week including weekend
- Closing Date June 9, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page