Company Website: https://www.helpscout.com/
Remote Locations: -8 THROUGH +2 UTC (AMERICAS + EMEA)
Job Type: Full Time
- You are a member of our Customers team, aka “Customer Support”. You’ll spend 30-50% of your time in the queue helping customers. During your first 3 months of onboarding, you’ll spend the majority of your time in the queue to build up product knowledge.
- You’ll join a Team, which is a cross-functional group of product and engineering folks that have a mission related to the product. You’ll attend their meetings, you’ll help organize the roadmap, and you’ll generally help all members of the Team work on the right things and ship them to customers when they are ready.
- You’ll work in our Triage queue, which is where the extra tough, technical customer conversations go. You’ll often collaborate directly with engineers to solve a problem, or you’ll document it to be worked on later.
- When your Team launches any new features or improvements, it’s up to you to make sure the Customers team is in the know, and oversee updates to any of our public documentation.
- You’ll also help launch beta test groups with customers, testing the product, and generally pitching in to make the project a success.
- Two out of every eight weeks, your Team will take time to work on fixing bugs or adding little delightful improvements to the product. It’s up to you to collect the most valuable priorities related to your Team’s mission and queue them up for that two-week iteration. This process is a really clear way you can impact the product and make your colleagues on the Customers team happy.
- You’ll collect customer data, organize it, and partner with the Product Lead on your Team to create an excellent solution.
- You’ll help the Customers team separate the signal from noise product-wise in the queue, adding proper context when you choose not to act on a request. And yes, this means you’ll be saying no a lot. The hardest thing about this role is having a deep sense of empathy for solving customer problems, but also balancing that with the big picture priorities for the business.
- You’ll help educate the Customers team when it comes to more complicated technical issues or details about how the product works, and you’ll make sure our internal documentation is robust.
- Help customers in our Unassigned and Triage queues
- Hop on a customer call to figure out a tricky issue or do some research for an upcoming project
- Spend time reproducing and documenting bugs, or documenting customer feature requests for your Team to consider working on
- Organize cards in Jira to make sure trending items are appropriately escalated to engineering
- Work with a Product Lead to make sure your Team is working on the highest priority improvements
- Analyze conversation data around customer trends
- Update a couple of our Docs articles to include new information or update screenshots, then share the updates with the Customers team
- Answer a couple product questions from your colleagues in Slack to help them do their job
- Read through a spec to provide some feedback for others on the Team
- You have a healthy perspective on the tension between day-to-day support and longterm product vision.
- You love helping people, and are genuinely curious about solving challenging issues for them.
- You are a Help Scout product expert. Since you’ll be handling the tough cases and working directly with Product and Engineering folks, you’ll have to know the product inside and out.
- You are more technical than the typical customer service professional, but it could be in a number of different ways. Maybe you can code, or maybe you are excellent at QA’ing things, or maybe you just have a knack for solving tricky problems.
- You can write very well, and are excellent at thoroughly explaining complicated things in a simple way.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- You’re eager for a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient and balanced.
- We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” button to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location -8 THROUGH +2 UTC (AMERICAS + EMEA)
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date March 5, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page