Company Website: https://gitlab.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
GitLab is building an open-source, single application for the entire software development lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases, the maturity of our different product categories, and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
Right now, we’re in a period of growth. We’ve more than tripled the size of the Technical Writing team over the last year, and we’re increasing the number of GitLab employees to over 2,000 this financial year, too.
As a Technical Writing Manager at GitLab, you will be responsible for managing a team of Technical Writers. Each of these Technical Writers is embedded with cross-functional stage group teams. We follow a Git-based, docs-as-code workflow, adopting a Docs-first methodology in our documentation practices. The work you will oversee will be impactful and highly visible to millions of our users across the globe.
- You’ll advocate for good documentation practices, continually looking to improve the workflow of Technical Writers, while ensuring our docs-first methodology is visible across our engineering, UX, and product functions.
- You’ll create space for collaboration within our Technical Writing and UX teams.
- You’ll foster deep relationships between Technical Writing, Product Design, UX Research, Product Management, Customer Support, Engineering, and other cross-functional partners.
- You’ll work with your direct reports to build out a documentation strategy for their respective stage groups.
- You’ll help to build out a career development plan for Technical Writers.
- Your approach to management should be informed by our view on what is required of a Manager at GitLab. Here, we default to asynchronous communication, so your management style will need to work in the context of our all-remote, global team.
- You’ll help improve the experience of our documentation site.
- You’ll collaborate with our Senior Manager, Technical Writing to define OKRs for our documentation practice. These OKRs will shape your team’s process and define your responsibilities as a manager.
- You’ll play a part in the evolution of our UX and documentation culture as we take the next steps in expansion.
- You’ll enable community contributions and advocate for their importance within the team.
- You’ll champion the importance of participation in critiques, content creation, and speaking engagements.
- You’ll foster a safe environment for your team, where they’re comfortable sharing feedback and advocating for change they see as necessary.
- You’ll play a big part in hiring a team of world-class Technical Writers. Our growth is set to continue as we mature our product, and you’ll need to be highly engaged in the recruiting process as we scale our team across the globe.
When working with your direct reports and the Senior Manager, Technical Writing, you’ll define a strategy for documentation and content design for the stage groups your direct reports are embedded in. You’ll also work with cross-functional partners to identify and remedy pain points in our documentation process.
- You have experience managing a team of Technical Writers who are documenting complex web applications, enterprise software, or developer tooling.
- Your knowledge, vision, and experience will enable you to play a key role in shaping the next evolution of DevOps tooling.
- You’ve got experience overseeing a team that uses static site generators and manages docs as code.
- You’re comfortable developing a department in a rapidly scaling start-up environment.
- You’re driven to manage a team that is documenting a complex product with cross-functional users and continually evolving needs.
- Mentoring, leading, and growing your team is truly motivating to you.
- You’ll thrive in our all-remote environment where communication is largely asynchronous.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
- You’ll thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in over 56 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a “no ask, must tell” paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our synchronous approach to communication.
We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab team members across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours work incredibly flexible hours
- Closing Date March 15, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page