Company Website: https://www.lightbend.com/
Remote Locations: EMEA, North America, Australia, and New Zealand
Job Type: Full Time
Senior Software Engineer – Akka (Cloud)
Multiple Countries | Full-Time | Akka Platform Engineering | Experienced
Lightbend is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work full time on improving the cloud delivery of Akka, delighting our customers deploying Akka on third-party hosted Kubernetes. You have a strong background in Kubernetes, developer experience and operational best practices, and you’re passionate about bringing Akka to the widest possible audience – in particular Cloud Marketplace users.
- Candidate can be located in EMEA, North America, Australia, and New Zealand.
The scope of services required will be broad and will include responsibilities outlined below. Of course, these duties and the reporting relationship may change as the Company evolves over time to best meet the needs of its clients.
- Develop solutions to simplify operationalizing Akka in the cloud for our customers, with a focus on easing deployment, reducing toil, and improving efficiency.
- Participate in (virtual) team meetings (for regular coordination, planning and discovery)
- Engage with the vibrant Akka open source community
- Provide excellent customer support and, occasionally, consulting
You should be technical and team oriented with the following qualifications and experience:
- The team is distributed, so a high degree of autonomy is required
- Well-versed in Kubernetes, and a deep understanding of operational best practices and strong empathy for developers, including those new to Akka
- Working knowledge of Akka
- Experience with running Akka apps in production environments along with Kafka is a big plus (especially akka-cluster, akka-streams and CloudFlow)
- Proficient in Scala and Java
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- 5+ years in the software development industry
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location EMEA, North America, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date September 7, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page