Company Website: https://zapier.com/jobs/
Remote Locations: North America
Job Type: Full Time
North American time zones
We’re looking for a new teammate to join our Finance department as an Accountant. Zapier’s on a mission to democratize automation. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. This role will work on a wide variety of company projects and making sure that the team delivers on its targets is key. It is not a people manager role.
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help maintain the general ledger in Quickbooks by importing and categorizing expenses to the proper account and department, as well as tracking the invoices and receipts for all expenses.
- Respond to Slack messages and emails regarding accounting-based questions in a timely manner
- Maintain budget tracking spreadsheets for multiple budgets and performing account audits as needed
- Assist with month-end close processes (such as reconciliations and journal entries) and year end items (such as our annual donations and pulling W-9 information for 1099 filings).
- Work with the data and product teams to build tools that will automate manual or time-consuming processes
- You might be a little green in accounting. You may have little to no accounting experience under your belt but you are very passionate about learning. You have a strong desire to grow into a new career path within an organization where there are lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge and experience. You are ready to jump in and get your hands dirty!
- You are willing to take on any task. Zapier is a fast-growing and nimble team. You’ll be part of a small, but mighty accounting team that has their hands in multiple aspects of the business. You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- Your organizational skills are top-notch. You’ll be responsible for multiple projects and tasks at any given time and can keep these organized and prioritized to ensure work gets done and logged. You like to get things done.
- You have strong communication skills. You are comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization and respond quickly and accurately to questions directed to the accounting team. You have great written skills to help write and update documentation that is clear, concise, and consistent with Zapier’s tone.
- You’re resourceful. When you encounter a task you haven’t done before, you know how to use Google, your network, your teammate’s knowledge, and whatever other resources available to find a good path forward.
- You have an eye for detail. You love getting into the nitty-gritty, but also have the ability to take a step back and see the bigger picture.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location North America
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours North American time zones
- Closing Date August 31, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page