Company Website: https://www.zymewire.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
- Business Development Manager (Remote)
Zymewire is growing rapidly, and we’re searching for a Business Development Manager to join us for the journey. Though we’re based in Toronto, there is no requirement to move to Toronto or to be a Canadian citizen for this role.
We’re a profitable SaaS startup that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re focused on the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and work flows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other and having fun while doing it.
Unlike VC-run companies out there, we’ve built our bootstrapped business on pure customer investment. Today more than 300 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
In the wake of the pandemic, we’re very grateful to say that we’ve seen continued growth in sales and that we’ve been successful in delivering sustained value to our clients. We are well-positioned to hire a remote Business Development Manager to help us extend our reach and impact even further.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the primary responsibilities of the position will be:
- attainment of monthly new pipeline growth goals in the form of Zymewire-initiated outreach to new prospects.
- attainment of monthly new logo MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) targets for closed business, from either inbound or an outbound account list owned by you.
Other day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Moving sales opportunities through the sales pipeline through to a close
- Collaborating with our Customer Success team to ensure a smooth transition of the customer relationship and maximum success of any implementations
- Keeping an eye out for new companies to add to our target lists
- Hunting for new access routes into prospect companies
- Initiating cold outreach to viable prospects through whichever methods you deem to be most effective
- Providing feedback to the product team about what features you feel will lead to increased revenue and improved user retention
- Working with trial accounts to ensure a smooth and fruitful trial/pilot period with the software
- Maintaining internal records and continually suggesting improvements to any administrative aspects of the sales organization
- Stepping in as a team player elsewhere in the company to apply your customer savviness where it is needed
- Helping develop scripts and messaging that facilitates expansion of our overall sales organization
- An excellent communicator who can effectively convey ideas and emotions via email, phone, video conferencing and in-person interactions
- Someone who is passionate about building relationships
- A life-long learner who prioritizes learning and development and strives for growth
- A strategic thinker who loves solving puzzles
- Someone who is detail-oriented (so you’ll notice that we’d like you to mention ‘Baymax’ in your cover letter)
- Someone who is deeply inquisitive
- An optimist with contagious enthusiasm
What we’d love to see in your previous work experience:
- Evidence of successfully closing deals
- Instances where you’ve acquired new knowledge quickly
- General knowledge of SaaS companies, biotech/pharma industries and/or medical devices
- Help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable Canadian tech company
- Grow with an experienced team with skills in machine learning, development, business and organizational culture
- Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
- Local EOR requirements for payroll, taxes & compliance arranged for those living outside of Ontario
- Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland and Costa Rica)
- Quarterly visits to our Toronto office to connect in person with full team
- Three weeks paid vacation + statutory holidays
- Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 annual stipend for courses and classes )
- Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
- Basic and extended health and dental benefits
- Paid maternal and parental leave
- Base salary TBD, dependent on experience
- Monthly bonuses (based on achievement of targets)
The target start date for this role is August 4th, 2020.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date August 31, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page