Company Website: https://www.khanacademy.org/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Freelance, Contract
Remarks: High – paying
- This is a full-time, 6-12 month limited temporary/contract position.
- This position is remote.
Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying mass, mantles, or mammals, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
We’re building new content to expand our library of middle and high school chemistry instruction and practice. To do that, we’re looking for someone who is interested in a temporary/contract assignment and ready to dive into content editing. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Collaborate with our team and external content-writing vendor to create chemistry practice exercises and articles
- Provide direction and clear, helpful feedback for content created by external content-writing vendor
- Occasionally create practice exercises and articles yourself
- Work with video creators to develop new videos covering chemistry concept
- A degree in chemistry or closely related field
- Experience writing student-facing content, such as practice questions and articles
- Impeccable written communication skills, editorial abilities, and strong attention to detail
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the middle or high school level
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Comfort with distributed teams and giving and receiving feedback
- Eagerness to grow, enthusiasm for experimentation, and comfort with ambiguity
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Sheets and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Formal experience teaching at the middle or high school level
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator or similar for image creation
- Experience with LaTeX/KaTeX
- Competitive pay – $50/hr
- You have the option to enroll in benefits through our contract partner TargetCW. These include: medical, dental, vision, retirement savings, and a flexible spending account. Dependents may also be added to these benefits.
- Paid sick leave (dependent on your location)
- Paid company holidays
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to improve real lives and the opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where parents, Black and Latinx, women and gender minorities, and LGBTQ+ identified folks support one another
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $50/hr
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours freelance
- Closing Date December 26, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page