International Business Times
Company Website: https://www.ibtimes.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Contract
International Business Times is seeking two experienced copy editors who know how to brighten and sharpen stories and headlines – fast. This job calls for the successful candidates to copy edit a mix of breaking news and enterprise stories that cover a wide range of topics. They should be especially interested, though, in business and finance, politics and international affairs. And they will be committed to fairness and accuracy, and will have a strong grounding in journalism ethics.
These positions are contract and remote. One copy editor will work from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with the US-based team; the other will work from 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. with teams based in India and the Philippines.
IBT Media runs several award winning websites in various verticals, reaching over 30M readers per month.
International Business Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability.
- Copy edit stories and headlines with speed and precision, conforming to IBT and AP style.
- Work with reporters to ensure stories and headlines are bright, well-written and easy to understand.
- Collaborate with other team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years working in a digital newsroom
- Ability to edit quickly on deadline
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Possess strong news judgment
- Willingness to learn new skills
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with the US-based team; and 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. with teams based in India and the Philippines.
- Closing Date August 20, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page