Company Website: https://www.fireeye.com/
Remote Locations: USA
Job Type: Full Time
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000. Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Technical Partnerships, your primary role will be to engage with and understand FireEye’s developer community and create opportunities for positive, meaningful interactions and memorable experiences.
As a Developer Advocate you will be responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with members of the developer community, with an intention to increase brand awareness and adoption of our product API’s and support our customers’ growth, through evangelism, education, product marketing, and general community engagement. You will help developers in interactive, hands-on, in-person, and virtual environments, share knowledge through educational programs, foster new connections and inspire ideas through live events and code. You will relay developer feedback from the community directly to the FireEye product team, which will inform our product and engineering roadmap and ultimately benefit customers.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to HR-Accommodations@FireEye.com.
Salary: $82,600 – $148,700 / Per Year
- Represent FireEye to the greater developer community through in-person engagement and online content.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor to developers of all skill levels — from beginners to experts.
- Leverage your breadth of technical knowledge to prepare and deliver talks/workshops/webinars to developer communities around the world, while continuously developing yourself as a person and a professional.
- Collaborate directly with product, marketing, and other internal teams to share developer feedback and shape how we design, build, and market products.
- Drive API better practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools, and/or speaking at events.
- Assist with product documentation, tutorials, and other education efforts within DevRel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience, including extensive API experience, with experience in AWS preferred
- Experience interpreting user data and community feedback to drive insights and assist product development
- Experience developing code samples and working with open source tools
- Demonstrated ability working with cross-functional internal teams and with external stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about software development and have an intimate understanding of developers and a large capacity to empathize with their unique challenges and opportunities.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to own and drive initiatives with minimal guidance and direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible, approachable explanations
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location USA
- Salary Offer $82,600 - $148,700 / Per Year
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date August 8, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page