Company Website: https://neo4j.com/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. We help organizations – including Comcast, ICIJ, NASA, UBS, and Volvo Cars – capture the rich context of the real world that exists in their data to solve challenges of any size and scale. Our customers transform their industries by curbing financial fraud and cybercrime, optimizing global networks, accelerating breakthrough research, and providing better recommendations. Neo4j delivers real-time transaction processing, advanced AI/ML, intuitive data visualization, and more. Find out more at neo4j.com and follow us at @Neo4j.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
Who is Neo4j?
Neo4j is the open source graph database and the company behind it. We are the creator of and leader in the graph database category, which is a type of database that excels at managing and analyzing highly connected data.
In 2022, we’re expanding our work on creating the best place to do Graph Machine Learning, using our suite of tools including Graph Data Science, and we’re looking for someone who can help!
With a ten year history we’ve created and grown the graph database category. Neo4j has over fifty million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production. With our recently launched cloud services we’re opening new possibilities for our users and the company to take the next step in making using graphs easier and more widespread.
One of the most important and foundational parts of Neo4j’s growth is our user community. Our user community is important for our users and our success. Only by growing to a larger, more supportive and active community can we scale graph usage to the levels we envision. We want to create an engagement loop that supports this sustainable growth.
What we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced data scientist who loves to teach and communicate. We’re looking for someone who is excited about engaging with the world in person, on online forums and in social media. If this sounds like you and you stay on top of what’s happening in the ML world, we should talk. We strongly encourage under-represented groups to apply.
As a Data Science Advocate, you are a technologist first and foremost, and will help teach other data scientists how to build out Graph Machine Learning approaches. You will participate in events and many other programs together with our community & marketing teams. We are looking for someone who is already a member of the ML practitioner community with credibility; not a marketer. The aim of the role is to help users succeed and to open up graph technology to a wide base of data scientists across the world.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Developer Relations, you’ll work closely with a distributed team. You’ll also work with Neo4j departments such as Product Management, Engineering, and others.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
- We value relationships
- We focus on user success
- We thrive in a culture that is open and inclusive
- We assume positive intent
- We welcome intellectually honest discussions
- We deliver on our commitments
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Neo4j:
At Neo4j, we value relationships and that involves building an environment where everyone feels like they belong. We believe strong relationships involve being accountable, bringing our whole selves to work, valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives. One of our central goals is to provide an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Are you intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above.
- Creating technical content to educate and empower data scientists; this can include sample models, presentations, blog posts, and other materials
- Act as an ally and colleague of data scientists who are getting started with graph
- Build relationships with people across the Neo4j community, to support & inspire
- Provide feedback on our products internally, such as python drivers, bindings, GDS, and database capabilities to help us improve the feedback loop between what users need and what Neo4j delivers
- Act as a public face of Neo4j to the data science community worldwide
We look at the success of this role in terms of outreach to the data science community and enabling user success. In a few months, you will have learned about graph technology and how to improve education for the community. A few months later, you will have worked on several programs in front of our community; helping them succeed with Neo4j Sandbox, AuraDS, and GDS. You will have begun to submit talks to conferences and user groups. By the end of a year, you will have delivered multiple talks, contributed content, and executed new programs.
- Substantial experience with Machine Learning and Data Science approaches, including in Python notebooks
- A background in any related field such as a BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- Technical writing skills, as shown through any form of past written work
- Presentation skills, for example any form of past speaking experience
- The ability to travel up to 30% of the time
“Nice to have” skills that are not required but that we can help you build:
- Experience with graphs, graph databases, or Neo4j
- Familiarity with Graph Data Science concepts, such as node embeddings
- History of participation in software or data science communities, in any form
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, engaging virtual events and a welcoming team. You will love your co-workers!
Neo4j is a privately held company with our U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California. We have employees located all over the world, from Thailand to Canada, many of whom work remotely, and we have offices in Sweden (Malmo and Stockholm), the UK (London) and Germany (Munich).
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date May 25, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page