Company Website: https://circleci.com/
Remote Locations: United States, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
The Director of Engineering Operations at CircleCI will enable the next stage of rapid engineering growth with a focus on efficiency and sustainability.
Bringing operational expertise to every aspect of the organization from employee lifecycle to delivery processes, you will make it easier for our team of outstanding engineers and managers to focus on delivering customer value.
You will work with Engineering Senior Leadership, and your own operations team to identify and prioritize improvements across our rapidly-expanding organization.
You will drive long-term planning cycles, coordinating inputs from inside and outside of engineering to align goals with corporate strategy. Then you will ensure everyone involved has what they need to achieve those goals.
Who might enjoy this challenge:
- You have worked as a software engineer or in engineering management and take pride in making it easier for everyone else to do those things well.
- You see efficiency as the opportunity to help others focus on their strengths and do their best work.
- You thrive in an environment of rapid growth with high levels of ambiguity by taking initiative, sharing context, and committing to accountability.
- You know that achieving the greatest results ultimately depends on creating the space for others to thrive.
As our Director of Engineering Operations:
You’ll partner with the engineering leadership team to build balanced approaches to rapid growth. Together with your team, you’ll play a meaningful role in scaling our globally distributed engineering organisation over the next years and building the systems, practices, and processes to help us scale sustainably and successfully.
- Ensure members of the engineering organization and other partners in the company have visibility into the delivery throughput, output and performance metrics
Model, implement, and provide visibility across all departmental activities
- Identify bottlenecks in our existing systems as well as our ability to scale, and fix them systematically
- Model, plan, forecast, and report efforts across the org on both tactical and strategic timescales
- Own and drive financial modeling and planning together with our partners in G&A functions
- Simplify and consolidate metrics, processes, and tools to enable everyone to get their job done with minimal overhead, and allow the people closest to the problem to make the right decisions
Enable our engineering teams
- Construct and deliver enablement programs to ensure our teams are fully equipped to succeed
- Build the space for engineers to do phenomenal work while growing personally
- Support buildout of information and knowledge management to support scalability
- Seek ways to simplify and standardize designs, operations, and deployment plans, focus on reducing complexity and providing performance, agility, and scalability
Foster operational excellence
- Build and lead a technical operations team with people management responsibilities, including but not limited to roles & task assignments, mentoring, professional development, trainings, performance evaluations, staffing, and developing operating methodologies
- Set a new standard for operational excellence and grow everyone around you
- 15+ years of experience in software engineering, engineering management and/or engineering operations
- Experience scaling in a late-stage VC-funded startup with an engineering team in the 200’s
- Track record enabling globally distributed teams
- Deep understanding of the software delivery lifecycle
- Consistent track record to support sustainable scale through enablement while also creating a desired place to work and collaborate
- Strong financial perspective with a focus on return on investment for engineering effort
- Willingness to test solutions while defining the sustainable approach
- Comfort holding people accountable above, below and around you
- Ability to ask the right questions to help prioritize outside your own areas of expertise
- Strong opinions developed through experience and the ability to adapt those experiences to new environments
- A desire to pursue excellence through small increments of improvement
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Canada, United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Expert Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (Full time based)
- Closing Date July 22, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page