- Company Website: https://www.elastic.co/
- Remote Locations: EMEA
- Job Type: Full Time
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
Instructors play a key role in Elastic’s Education and Innovation team.
As an Elastic Instructor you will teach our customers how to best use Elastic products and solutions, helping them to become successful through the delivery of technical training programmes.
As well as teaching, you will work in close collaboration with the Curriculum team to constantly review and improve training materials, and provide crucial input into the creation of new training materials.
As an Instructor you will act as an ambassador of Elastic.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
- Deliver multi-day virtual and on-site Elastic training courses and workshops to enable our customers and drive business value
- Teach extremely technical concepts clearly and concisely to large audiences in an engaging manner
- Collaborate with the Curriculum team on the development of new courses and course release updates
- Collaborate with the Training Operations team for continuous improvement of our LMS (Learning Management System), virtual training platform and processes
- Mentor and coach new instructors
- Ability to work on your own initiative with fanatical attention to detail
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Flexible mindset and willingness to accommodate and support changing priorities in a growing company
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% (due to global pandemic most trainings are currently delivered virtually without extensive travel)
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as an instructor, technical trainer, engineer, developer, consultant, integrator or presales engineer in search or related technologies
- BS, MS or PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Experience as technical instructor or public speaker to various technical audiences (engineers, developers and other technical position) on enterprise infrastructure software technology
- Being passionate about teaching & education with excellent oral presentation and customer interaction skills in English
- Background in observability, security, and/or search, as a strong plus
- Experience in curriculum development, as a plus
- Experience in contributing to open-source projects or documentation, as a plus
- Community engagements (meetups, conferences, etc), as a plus
- Knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with databases and distributed systems, as a plus
- Knowledge of LMSs (Learning Management System) and virtual training platforms, as a plus
- Becoming an expert in Elastic products, keeping up to date on changes/releases, and relaying that knowledge in the form of content development, training instruction and educational material
- Being able to explain complex topics in an easy-to-understand way
- Clear articulation
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in French or German, as a strong plus, fluency in any other language, as a plus
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
- Specific Job Location EMEA
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date June 7, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page