Company Website: https://www.duolingo.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Freelance, Contract
- English curriculum content writer for speakers of Chinese at Duolingo (freelance)
- Location: Remote Worldwide
- Job Type: Contract
Use your expertise in teaching English to Chinese speakers to help bring English language education to the world.
Duolingo is looking for an ESL/EFL expert with native or near-native proficiency in both English and Mandarin Chinese who has experience teaching English to Chinese speakers and developing English language curricula. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Use your pedagogical expertise to develop course content, such as explicit grammar instruction, for an online English course for speakers of Chinese.
- Identify the challenges that Chinese speakers might have when learning English, and tailor course curriculum to their needs.
- Exercise brevity, creativity, and humor to ensure that course material is concise, fun, and engaging.
- Help define project details, set timeframes, and coordinate project activities.
- Native or near-native proficiency in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- MA in TESOL/related field or TESOL certificate and equivalent experience
- Experience teaching English as a second/foreign language to Chinese speakers
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work 10-15 hours a week
- Ability to have 1-3 meetings every week between 9am-9pm CST (China Standard Time); we are flexible regarding the exact time
Exceptional candidates will have:
- PhD in education, TESOL, or a related field
- Experience creating language learning material/curricula
- Familiarity with the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR)
- Experience in team teaching, supervision of others, and/or project management
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below” to process you Job application!
- Specific Job Location worldwide
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Master's Degree
- Working Hours have 1-3 meetings every week between 9am-9pm CST (China Standard Time)
- Closing Date September 12, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page