Company Website: https://www.webtoons.com/en/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Freelance
WEBTOON is a world leader in digital entertainment with over 72 million unique monthly readers. We are a rapidly growing digital entertainment company and storytelling platform with users and creators from all over the world. Every day we come ready to learn, contribute, and get excited about the opportunity to work alongside people of different backgrounds and work styles.
We are looking for a Freelance Copy Editor who can adapt to WEBTOON’s unique comic medium and bring the highest quality content to teens and young adults.
The Freelance Copy Editor will provide English copyediting and proofreading services for English WEBTOON series in a reliable, timely, and professional manner. They will identify and resolve errors (including grammatical and spelling errors, punctuation, design and layout), improve the flow and quality of the English text, improve awkward and unnatural phrasing by everyday American English standards, and ensure consistency of proper nouns, stylization, and any written elements throughout episodes and series. They will also check consistency of characters, setting, and plot within all assigned series.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in copyediting creative content
- Native speaker fluency in English
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Strong familiarity with comic conventions
- Expert in CMOS
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with quick turnaround to meet deadlines
- Comfortable with GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Comfortable working with content across various genres, including but not limited to action, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, and others
- Familiarity with Photoshop and/or ClipStudio
- Lettering skills
- For some projects, bilingual fluency in Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, and other languages is preferred
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $40,000 - $55,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours freelance
- Closing Date October 15, 2021
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page