Company Website: https://www.triodos.com/projects/microcred-china/
Remote Locations: United States
Job Type: Part Time, Contract
This is a 3 to 6 month commitment with an expectation of 20-30hrs of work per week.
Medium has launched a collection of subscription-based publications that cover a range of subjects with the goal of serving readers, not advertisers. We are looking for a Photo Editor who will raise the bar for how photography is presented across these publications, which include GEN (politics) OneZero (technology), Elemental (health), ZORA (Women of color), Forge (personal development), Marker (business and entrepreneurship), and LEVEL (black and brown men).
The right person for this role is someone with outstanding taste and vision, and has commissioned original, forward-thinking photography across a wide range of surfaces. We want a digital-first, energetic, and versatile individual who can think creatively about how stories can be told visually.
The ideal candidate has experience working with editorial, is a highly effective collaborator, and has an extensive network of photographers. This person must be comfortable in a fast-paced, digital startup culture and be ready to get hands-on (and have fun!) helping to grow something new.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in “@medium.com”. Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.
- Commission arresting, original, and expressive photography for photo essays, feature stories, and special projects for multiple publications – to be presented across devices, surfaces, and platforms.
- Help develop systems and processes to effectively elevate the presentation of stock photography in collaboration with the Editorial Design team.
- Work closely across teams (Design, Editorial, Audience Development) to tell stories visually.
- Work with the publications’ operations teams to deliver work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help establish new processes and workflows for photography.
- Be curious and pro-active about exploring new approaches to visual storytelling, as our platform grows and develops over time.
- Bring good ideas to work.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience working with photography in an editorial context.
- You can demonstrate how you see the big picture through previous work – how a story can be told visually across screen-sizes and platforms.
- Your work demonstrates a consideration for how photography can be experienced on small screens(mobile-first web).
- You are passionate about photography and visual storytelling.
- You have a diverse portfolio that demonstrates an eye for storytelling, concept and composition.
- You are versatile and comfortable working in a start-up environment, where speed, flexibility and experimentation are part of the day-to-day culture.
- You are a positive, straightforward, and effective communicator.
- You are solutions-oriented and can communicate complex visual ideas with clarity – individually and within a group setting.
- You like working on a team and can help improve other people’s ideas through collaboration, feedback and brainstorming.
- You believe that good ideas can come from anywhere.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $61,000 - $80,000 a year
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours 20-30 hrs of work per week
- Closing Date September 24, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page