Company Website: https://nathanjames.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Full Time
Nathan James is looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer who will quickly become a key member of our Engineering team and help expand the development of our in-house ERP system that’s tailored to meet the needs of our rapidly growing eCommerce business. We are looking for someone who isn’t scared to get their hands dirty, will roll up their sleeves, and play a major role in the development of our API-driven, modern ERP.
People-first company, design-first home.
We are a design-first, home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. We pride ourselves on the best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn’t dreadful.
As a people-first company, we understood from day one the importance of being fully distributed. We encourage everyone to work in whichever manner that helps them perform their best.
We have a rhythm to our work and a very low turnover rate — we have yet to have a single team member opt-out. Your voice matters to us. We make change from fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints, so you should feel comfortable speaking up about your values and goals.
Nathan James is an eCommerce home furnishing company (currently processing over 25,000 orders per month) invested in building an API-based, highly scalable, multi-tenant, cloud-based ERP system. We believe that data is power and that our core business cannot grow 4x over the next three years without leveraging technology. We pride ourselves in solving complex business problems by developing simple solutions that automate tasks, trigger recommendations, and aid in decision making through the delivery of user-managed data visualizations.
Currently, we are wrapping up the Sales module and will be taking our first retail customer live before this role is onboarded. The Purchase Order has been fully modeled and development has begun.
Our current stack includes:
- Jira (for now)
We’re ready for the ongoing work that goes into building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career. Our values, workplace and our benefits are designed to support a sustainable, healthy relationship with your work. Our operating values provide the framework we use in building a healthy, resilient organization.
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with ramp-up and time to learn. You can expect a team that listens, and to be heard. You can expect to give and provide direct feedback. You can expect to work with good people. You can expect to be counted on. You can expect to do your best work and build a career here.
The role would be part of a growing Technology organization of four engineers, a QA, and a product manager.
As a Senior Engineer, you will work with the product manager along with the lead architect to design, develop, test, and build out features to support a fully operational modern ERP. The initial modules that you will work on include Purchase Order Management, Inventory Management, and Accounting. You will own features end to end, using best judgment to manage priorities. You will support design decisions, managing potential issues, trade-offs and risks.
Additionally, You will also be responsible for writing automated test cases via API based on both functional and technical requirements to allow for rapid development and deployment.
- We are looking for an intellectually curious, well rounded, and knowledgeable engineer with strong object-oriented programming skills with experience shipping high-quality software and pushing production code for every level of the stack. You are very comfortable with an API-first environment and deploying features often. You have worked in agile development and can easily prioritize your work according to effort and impact.
- You are passionate about technology and automation, you are driven, and enjoy working in small team environments. You thrive on taking ownership of your areas of responsibility. You are energetic, and intentional about fostering a positive work environment.
- You love complex challenges, you’re driven by problem-solving and delivering solutions with the utmost quality and you abhor defects. If you don’t know how to do something you use existing documentation and your resourcefulness to dive-deep and figure it out. You don’t require constant hand-holding, but you’re not afraid to speak up when requirements aren’t clear or they require additional context and details.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in PHP, Laravel, MYSQL, and REST APIs, you have experience with DevOps and at least 3+ years developing and deploying consumer or enterprise applications at scale. At a minimum, you must have deep interest and knowledge of the eCommerce landscape.
- This is a remote role as we are a remote/fully distributed company! You’re free to work where you work best, anywhere in the world: home office, coworking space, or coffee shops. You should be comfortable working remotely, that hinges on effective writing, self-discipline, and comfort with open communication.
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a life well lived, both at work and away from work.
We’re all about reasonable working hours, sharing, ample vacation time, wellness, education, comfort, and giving back.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date September 7, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page