- Company Website: https://orcid.org/
- Remote Locations: Worldwide
- Job Type: Full Time
ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of Grant Program Officer / Engagement Lead. If you like the flexibility of a remote organization and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us on our mission to connect research and researchers everywhere!
Who We A
Who We Are
ORCID is a mission-driven, member-supported, community-governed non-profit international organization. Our vision is a world where all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time. Every one of ORCID’s employees is committed to that vision as well.
We believe in and operate by our three values [read our Dignity at Work statement]. ORCID strives to be:
Inclusive: We make decisions collaboratively, involving our staff, Board, those who support our mission, and the researchers and community that are the purpose of our work. We take a global view.
Trusted: Privacy and researcher control underscores everything we do.
Open: Our work is open, transparent, and non-proprietary.
Where We’re Located
As a fully-remote organization serving researchers everywhere, ORCID is able to hire talented individuals all over the globe, and we aim to have our people located in the communities that we serve. Because of this role’s focus, preference will be given to applicants based in the Global South, particularly in Africa or South Asia.
We currently employ staff in the following regions, however we welcome applicants from all locations, even if not listed here:
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
ORCID is seeking a Grant Program Officer / Engagement Lead for our newly developed Global Participation Program, which aims to improve equity of participation in ORCID in currently underrepresented regions, especially the Global South.
If you like to foster teamwork and genuine collaboration, are self-motivated, organized, dedicated, and enjoy the mission-driven environment of a fast-paced maturing non-profit organization, this could be the job for you.
The position will be part of ORCID’s Engagement team, reporting to the Director of Engagement. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the advancement of research and scholarship around the world, an established network of relationships with the research community in areas of the Global South, and prior experience managing a competitive grant program.
ORCID staff are curious and collaborative, and we strive to maintain a culture of learning. We offer programs like individually-focused professional development planning, monthly “Food for Thought” learning sessions on a wide variety of topics, and access to a digital learning platform, Udemy for Business, among other supportive perks and programs. We are flexible and family-friendly, allowing staff to shift their schedules as needed, flex time across the calendar month, and take an hour-long paid break each day (not to mention OFF– see the benefits we provide below).
As an organization, we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We hold bi-annual forums, open to all staff, where our DEI plans and needs are discussed and amplified. As a fully remote organization, we also have an active committee dedicated to making our individual remote experiences as positive and productive as possible. Read more about our culture here.
Although we are geographically diverse, we are a small, cohesive community dedicated to our mission and to each other.
- Grant Program Management. Oversee the grant programs to be established under our new Global Participation Fund, including logistical and administrative support of fund operational processes; receipt and triage of grant proposals; facilitation of grant advisory and review committees; oversight of grantee reporting; fund performance evaluation & reporting; and sponsor/donor engagement.
- Grantee Engagement. Build trust and participation among fund participants to maximize grant outcomes by: scheduling & facilitating periodic gatherings for grantees; facilitating connections between and among grantees and the wider ORCID community; connecting grantees with ORCID programs, materials, and other resources; and transitioning grantees into ORCID’s regular community structures at the end of the grant period.
- New consortia development: Foster and develop ORCID Communities of Practice in lower income countries that are eligible for our new Membership Equity Program, leading to the formation of new ORCID Consortia, collaborating with the broader ORCID engagement team where needed.
- Member engagement and support. Collaborate with your Consortium Leads to further ORCID’s mission and grow membership and adoption in currently underrepresented regions whilst ensuring member satisfaction and value; assist in defining and executing events and other outreach initiatives; and coordinate and execute member support requests together with the member- and user support groups.
- Engagement Team Participation. Assist in defining and executing ORCID’s Engagement strategy to ensure goals are achieved in line with ORCID’s overall strategic expectations while fostering our core values.
- “One ORCID team”. Within Engagement and throughout ORCID, cooperate with- and inform your fellow colleagues to foster transparency and collaboration, and ensure the best outcome for ORCID and our wider community.
- 3+ plus years experience working with the research and scholarly communities in the Global South
- Prior experience running a competitive grant program
- Experience in setting up, coordinating and managing strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of open research infrastructure and persistent IDs (PIDs) (preferred)
- Experience working in a multicultural, virtual team environment
- Excellent relationship building, communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment without losing oversight
- Fluency in English plus at least one additional language
- Ability to travel based upon business needs (less than 25%)
A family-friendly, flexible working environment, including:
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work fully from home (when not traveling)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation & benefits, plus OFF: an ORCID-wide day off on the first Friday of each month
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
- Tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop and a remote working stipend
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” to fill up on the application form!
Please include a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite animal (and why it’s your favorite). ORCID encourages applicants who meet some, but not all of the requirements and qualifications, to apply.
- Specific Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Closing Date July 9, 2022
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page